Curious about carrying

@Carl102 as I understand it when the kid tried to buy a firearm in Connecticut on two separate occasions his applications were red flagged and should have been investigated by the ATF AND THEY WERE NOT. THAT SAME STORE WAS CLOSED AFTER THE FACT BECAUSE THEY HAD AR TYPE FIREARMS MISSING THAT COULD NOT BE ACCOUNTED FOR.
:us::us::us:

4 Likes

I’m envious of the people that can carry concealed because even though I applied a few years ago, took a required CCW class, spent over $300 for that class, and have a perfect record (no infractions since maybe 2003 or before), I was denied. I simply didn’t check the boxes to be granted a CCW in my county: retired LE and fire dept., or a VIP who “donates” large “gifts” to the Sheriff. I subscribed to USCCA after almost having shot 1 of 4 ex~cons who tried to do a home invasion while my disabled mother and I were home on a very quiet, peaceful mid~morning weekday. I’ve had other close calls outside of my home and even one in Montreal, Canada throughout the years, but I was miraculously spared in each one. I don’t drink or smoke and live a pretty healthy life, avoiding risky areas and behaviors. Even after having experienced the attempted home invasion, I had two minor burglary attempts involving couples also while my mother and I were home. During one of those attempts, the guy hid beside our front door, ready to attack whomever would have answered the door. That couple backed their truck all the way up to our garage. So they weren’t there scoping our home. They had a plan and intention to burglarize our home. I already was a USCCA member by then but those incidents made me realize the possibility that I might need my gun outside of my home. What if someone might try to attack me right outside of my home as I’m pulling out of the garage. Or someone might carjack me as well. The first incident was so frightening not because I was in fear of my life, but because I was faced with a decision to shoot someone as one of the ex~cons appeared outside of the rear doors with thick green~gloved hands and arms extended. He was about to break down a window or a door but the sight of my shotgun scared him away. Years later and a few months ago, I began doing night hikes. I stopped doing that after I had another frightening experience. As I walked down a two~lane highway to get to my car, a car approached me and began to slow down. The scariest part was when it went passed me and made a U~turn. I began to panic a little but because I can’t carry concealed, I only had other less~than lethal tools including a hatchet fixed onto my chest by my backpack, a large fixed blade, pepper gel and a stun~gun flashlight. I began walking faster toward my car but I knew that I was at a great disadvantage if that person in that car had a firearm. The car eventually passed me up and parked on the side of the road ahead of me. He let out his large dog and smiled at me. A few minutes later his wife or girlfriend showed up in her car and a huge wave of relief passed over me. I know this post is probably too long but I’m trying to convey my frustration that people like me experience in not being able to conceal carry due to unfair, unjust and illegal regulations. I just saw a local new story a few days ago about L.A. experiencing a sudden rise in homicides. Thankfully, I don’t live in the affected areas, but what struck me was that homicides are also occurring in the Beverly Hills areas near Bel Air! With that in mind, I sometimes wonder if I’ll have to carry conceal because crime and homicides may get worse and start to affect the areas around me. I’m not worried and never live my life wondering if I’m going to be a victim today whenever I travel around my city. I’ve never had any close calls or incidents in this city…yet. I live in a relatively safe area where homicides and violence are rare. I live at the edge of L.A. County where it borders along two other much better and pro~2A counties. One of them is shall issue. There’s a lot I need to consider if I’m going to make a decision to carry concealed, and it might have negative repercussions either way. But I also don’t want to live with the regret of not having been able to defend myself and others because I didn’t have an equal or better chance than a perpetrator(s).

3 Likes

Not a problem, don’t fu$k with LEO.
And LEO will respect your $hit.
That’s been my experience…

California…

3 Likes