Crime-fighting fog hits shoplifters as retail theft spirals out of control

A new tool. Hmmm… :thinking:

Home - DensityUSA

2 Likes

I wonder about the cost of installing such a system.

3 Likes

And any cleanup and ventilation after.

Answer.
After 45 minutes to 1 hour, the fog particles begin to settle, leaving the air clear and with no residue left behind. The non-toxic fog is safe for people, pets, valuable merchandise, electronics and computers, your walls and your furniture.

7 Likes

It might be effective against unarmed shoplifters, but in the video that hostage situation looked bad. I don’t expect real, armed hostage takers would just stand there and allow themselves to be engulfed in a fog over the course of even 2 seconds. I see things going badly for the hostages in that case.

7 Likes

I’m not sure how effective this would actually be in most circumstances. Ideally the thieves would get disoriented and run off or give the victims a chance to run off. But what if the criminals or victims can’t figure out which way to run? Now the victims have no idea where the criminals are. How do the criminals react if a victim bumps into them in the confusion? Do they panic and start shooting or stabbing?

I could see this maybe working if there was a barrier between the criminals and the victims and the victims had an easy way out in the opposite direction. As long as they practiced getting to that exit without being able to see.

3 Likes

If I were the business owner, I think my Glock would work better than a fog bank. That’s just me though.

2 Likes

Actually that looks like an excellent tool to have in the tool box. Maybe not your only security system but one of the many?

4 Likes

I was thinking so to, after I read up on it. Works from a phone app also. :+1:

3 Likes