COVID-19 - Anyone Working from Home and Conceal Carrying?

I mostly open carry at home, but I do carry concealed at home from time to time.
I think it’s a great idea for you to do this since you’re new to concealed carry though.

4 Likes

It is the only way I am able to carry because if I was at work it is posted .

1 Like

Not working a regular job but am a retired pilot of 46 years. I turned flying the real planes over to the younger guys and now only fly the drone my wife got me for Christmas. I conceal carry everywhere I go except where prohibited. Living only 100 miles from the Mexico border I’m positive our little town is on the path the cartel takes to Houston and I’m always on the lookout for things that just don’t seem right. That car that drives by real slow with the driver looking towards my house, or someone knocking on the front door after dark claiming to be a charity group. Have a couple neighbors that are watching too and we all stay in touch with each other.

5 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Carrying at home with kids around

I actually practice open carry at home. Conceal carried made my hips and thighs look too big. It’s more of a vanity thing.

9 Likes

The wife and I open carry at home, this COVID-19 times people are not normal even your neighbors, be aware, be ready.

3 Likes

Pants on, gun on.

I usually OC at home, but I’ll CC if that’s how I started the day. Usually.

4 Likes

I conceal carry every day. When I drive to work, I put my handgun in the car safe. When at home, my home office desk is 6 feet away from my safe that is open where both a shotgun and AR are ready to go.

3 Likes

My adult children, most of whom are former naysayers and eye-rollers, now tell me how they “get it.” I have, for as many years as I can recall, carried a small pistol on my person, concealed but ready. People with ill intent don’t typically come politely knocking at your front door when they come.

2 Likes

Now, Paul, why wouldn’t you carry in the shower? :laughing:

2 Likes

I quit that working stuff years ago, at least the kind you get paid for. That being said, I do carry around the house often and always when I go out to walk the neighborhood. It’s a good way to learn exactly what you want from your carry rig. I could probably wear it to bed and not be bothered by it if I didn’t roll over.

3 Likes

Great point Dale. I always carry during my neighborhood walks as well. I live in a neighborhood of about 15 houses in the country. We see quite a few deer, coyote, and foxes, but unfortunately we’ve had unwelcomed instances of the two-legged predators as well.

1 Like

Dude, you can barely even tell that’s there :laughing:

7 Likes

Welcome to the group @Wilfredo @chris7 and @japander!

1 Like

@Zee Perhaps with the standard 17 round mags. But when I carry with two 33rd magazines it is a little tougher to conceal.

9 Likes

It’s barely printing… :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

:joy: :rofl: that’s AWESOME @TexasEskimo :rofl: :joy: :joy: :rofl:

3 Likes

I’d try a different holster, maybe that will help …

4 Likes

Hawaiian shirt maybe? or dark colored pants?

4 Likes

this is still making me laugh

7 Likes