Could covid-19 be used to transition govt? 2a?

It appears to me that the government, in many states/cases, is desensitizing the population to losses of individual freedom(s), 1 at a time. In my state, it quickly went from a recommendation to stay at home except for essentials, to a governor ordering it. I’m still curious how LE is, or is not enforcing that order here.
Initially the ANG was handing out bags of food to the needy, now they’re allegedly building spaces for hospital beds.
Tools and sack lunches can be swapped out for M4’s with the stroke of a pen.

As for living until they take guns away, I pray they never try it. In Oh, Ky, Tn, & Wv, there are enough licensed hunters to make up the 4th largest army in the world. I doubt that only hunters own guns and would get cantankerous about an attempt to confiscate personal property.
Lastly, I feel we all need to remember that our firearms ARE our personal property, legally owned, and anyone trying to take them is a robber. Castle Doctrine anyone?

1 Like

…it is possible he means a lot of gun grabbers won’t live to see his guns taken either. But I don’t want to put words in his mouth.

1 Like

I got into a discussion of this several years ago with a radar engineer who used to work for me outside of Boston. He has to be in his late 80s now. I casually emailed him something one day about people writing about burying their guns…

He wrote back (and I had no idea of his thoughts on firearms) and said something prolific:
“When you think it’s time to start burying your firearms, it’s really the time to start digging them up.” Think about that for awhile.

2 Likes