Cops Will Search Your Car Whenever They Want

6 Likes

Yep, one of it’s various names is called “Caddy Search.”

If they have reasonable suspicion a crime has or is about to be committed then they have probable cause to search interior of vehicle.

However, all law enforcement agencies should keep in mind that any violation of persons 4th Amendment is cause for ‘evidence’ to be tossed and shooting their credibility to ground FOREVER!

7 Likes

I think we need a new law. If police choose to search your vehicle they must detail it as they search. After they’re finished I’ll tip them like I do at the car wash.

5 Likes

Also, can they put all the stuff back in the car?

3 Likes

They can search my truck whenever. It’s literally empty aside from the manual, wheel key, and insurance paper… it’s just going to be a waste of time, and 90% of the time I am working and get paid by the hour… How’s the old saying go? “Boss makes a dollar, and I make a dime. So, why not get searched on company time?”, or something like that?

2 Likes

No problem. I carry a list of all the ■■■■ that I know I had in the car but never could find. PLEASE! do a thorough search and find my crap!!!

2 Likes

Probable cause, reasonable suspicion. 3rd, 4th, 6th, 14th amendment are all reasons to take a search to court. Also if invoking the 5th, state so, do not just clam up. It doesn’t work that way. Be courteous and lawyer up.

1 Like

I agree with @MtnDewey-BSBCJA.

It’s possible that in a search you consent to the police they find something to charge you with.

Examples: Rusty beer can in bed of truck: Yep, you got that right fellas! If they were being A-holes they could charge you with open container.

Another bad example, trust who’s in your vehicle. All it takes is a brother in law who you dislike, tossing his dime bag of marijuana when the red & blues turn on and bang! Your getting a summons or braclets down town all because your wife made you take him home after the family dinner (if that scenario is true for one of you, I’m sorry).

1 Like