CONSUMER REPORTS For Smart Shoppers

This independent magazine has been in business since the '50s, and is still a great value in the $$ it might save you in the long run. Its existence has depended over the years on subscribers and donors, and it’s NEVER accepted advertising, or lent its name to any product it’s featured or tested. Virtually any consumer product you can name undergoes testing from their independent labs and staff. You can get a one-year subscription for $30, and their online services for an additional $12, where you can “build” your next car. There’s a section on product recalls, and December’s issue features an index for product reviews during the past year, along with the top-rated products for that year. The January 2023 issue has a big section on vitamin supplements and tips on “age-proofing” your home. The April issue will feature mostly vehicle and tire tests. Although their annual BUYERS GUIIDE is only available online, they still publish “special” books - I have one on foods to eat and avoid - free to subscribers. Try an issue from your local newsstand - you might be glad you did. FYI

3 Likes

I am a CR member/subscriber and use it for stuff. The last couple years…dishwasher, air purifiers, mattress, vacuum, other stuff I’m sure I’m forgetting…they are a good resource

2 Likes

Hmmm firearms, ammo, holsters not so much…

1 Like

I can only imagine the internet arguments that would ensue of Consumer Reports provided an expected reliability rating for say every major handgun manufacturer lol.

3 Likes

My wife uses Consumer Reports for any type of non recurring purchase.

2 Likes

That exactly…expensive non recurring purchases…and things that are hard to shop for and hard to compare/test. Things you can’t find people who have experience across variety, because they kind of only have one of them kind of thing

1 Like