Consistency drill

It is as simple as check the circle with one shot and two shots for the larger circles.
This is a timed drill at 3 yards or 12 feet whichever is closer and using 24 rounds.

Looking forward to seeing your targets and seeing how you do. SHARE YOUR RESULTS HERE.

9 Likes

Can we fold it in half? :grinning:

4 Likes

You have to do this weak hand and strong eye covered! :rofl: :face_with_peeking_eye:

6 Likes

While riding a zebra, on a Tuesday. :rofl:

6 Likes

3 yards or 12 feet whichever is closer.:rofl: or do you mean 4 yards or 12’?

4 Likes

Wait a minute! You mean we aren’t throwing darts? Think I’m on the wrong site

5 Likes

I can print this on poster board, right? :eyes:

4 Likes

You had me at warm up & cool down.
Whenever I first start shooting, I’m pretty accurate. After a few boxes of ammo, I can see my accuracy degrade. I don’t need a new drill to tell me that, although I can see the value in quantifying the affect fatigue has on my accuracy. As we’ve said before, it’s important to know when to not take a shot!

5 Likes

I usually go shoot 100-200 rounds at least one day a week after work. I figured, if I were ever to have to use my firearm, with my luck, it’d be after a long day when my hands and arms no longer want to be attached to my body. It’s important to know when to not shoot, but if the moment ever comes where you draw your firearm, by drawing, you’ve recognized that there is no other option. IMO it’s important to know how you will perform fatigued, and improve apon that.

8 Likes

I mean well anyway! As the target says 3 yards so, yeah 3 yards. :face_with_spiral_eyes: :crazy_face:

7 Likes

I printed the target on 11x17 so I sent it a little further than the 4 yards. There was one extra shot on the left side :man_shrugging:t3:

8 Likes

You did not hang it correctly, try again🤣

7 Likes

Haha I figured I’d miss and hit the clips that way :man_facepalming:t3:

5 Likes

Did you time yourself?

2 Likes

Unfortunately no, but I did about a round per second. Some were faster and some were longer, but I counted out the seconds the best I could. I was around 30 seconds, assuming my counting was accurate. Obviously we can’t count that one miss or any of the line hits as misses, so with a little highschool algebra, I did the drill in X=5.27439 seconds :thinking:

3 Likes

I probably didn’t approach it wise strategically…I tried to work going down the sheet against any muzzle rise instead of up the sheet using muzzle rise to my advantage. I made several copies, and enjoyed the challenge, so I’ll probably keep doing this one.

4 Likes

This is very good drill for you. I know, you like working on your grip. :wink:
Specially bigger circles show the grip problem.

2 Likes

Shooter Rick. We seem to be throwing everything but rounds I joined the NRA , so I can get my level 1 BAGE I live where the USCCA dose not have a range and I just would love to get my very first level 1 , BAGE. I have taken all TEWENTY EAGHT COURSES AND WATCHED EVERY VIDEO ON THE PROTECTORS ACADEMIES APP SO SOME ONE AT A RANGE THAT I NEVER MET IS GOING TO VERIFY THAT I CAN PUT FIFTY ROUNDS IN A TEN ENCH TARGET WITH EATHER HAND :bangbang: and i will be HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY to be an elite member and to have nothing to show for it DOES NOT MAKE ME LOOK GOOD LET ALONE THE USCCA all the ranges are N,RA, buddy’s. So now I’m a member of them as well. I have been training I have practiced at the red river and fired a thousand rounds a month so I can get ready to get my very first level one BAGE I got my motorcycle licenses EAZY thanks Bobby Jean :bangbang:. Still in the shadows AMAN :us::zap::zap:

2 Likes