Confessions of a once-newbie

I’m not what you would call a newbie anymore, however, the more I learn, the more I realize there is so much more I need to learn. And I need to practice what I learn.

I know there are certain things I should be doing that I haven’t done yet. For instance, I know I need to create a small bug-out bag for on my new-to-me motorcycle, I just haven’t done it yet. I can make a huge list of excuses as to why I haven’t yet, but they’re just excuses.

What are you procrastinating on when it comes to your self-defense?

2 Likes

Mine was getting a multi purpose holster. Finally sucked it up and ordered it. Once I recieve it I should be able to swap guns on anything I’m carrying just by unclipping and swapping holsters. Streamlining the whole process. It is also a retention holster

2 Likes

I dont know how long the maglula mag loaders have been around for, but I shoulda had one from the beginning

3 Likes

@Dawn

A bug out bag on a bike would be a fun problem to tackle.

I get a lot of my bags from About Us

A fantastic company that employs a lot of veterans and literally has thousands of bags in all sorts of colors and patterns.

2 Likes

Those are awesome! I’ll have to find one small enough for on my bike :slight_smile:

1 Like

Procrastinating on…

• Memorizing the laws and restrictions for the states I travel in. I look before I travel, and always will because of changes, but I should know this by heart and I don’t. :roll_eyes:
  • Knife classes … because SCARY! :grimacing:
  • Force on force training… because its gonna hurt. :anguished:
2 Likes

I know what you mean, but the sense of accomplishment and the knowledge are totally worth the bumps and bruises!

2 Likes

@Dawn I know… :scream: :grimacing: :chicken: :rooster: :chicken:

I confess…
The 1st handgun I ever shot was a Glock 19. Glock bite is real.
I had no idea what I was looking for when I went to buy my 1st handgun. I only bought the Sig because my brother, who was in the Navy at the time, raved about them. I had never heard of Sig Sauer. Sorry Ruger.

1 Like

I have been obtaining items slowly, as I can afford them. I have been actually procrastinating practicing my draw.

Then I saw some of the video from the church shooting in Texas, and saw someone get shot because he had an epically slow draw.

I practiced my draw today. How about you?

2 Likes

Yep, that video will make you reconsider some things, me too.

1 Like

I’ve been lax with my training over the holidays. Practicing your draw is something we can all easily do at home (with no ammo in the room). Be sure to go all the way to full extension and acquiring sight picture/sight alignment.

1 Like