Concealed license permit

Any suggestions on how to protect it from fading?

2 Likes

Fading?

I laminated mine and keep it in my wallet. It does not fade that I am aware of.

How is your permit issued?

4 Likes

Mine is made exactly like the driver license but has pew pew written on it.

10 Likes

I don’t think that would work for me as it is made like the hotel keys or work badges for keys access to the doors. Thank you for you input tho I appreciate it

1 Like

Oh wow. That’s old school. Mine is a hard plastic card drivers license as @PossumSlayer1 said. Mine doesn’t say pew pew. It says bang bang.:grin:

6 Likes

And it will not fit in your wallet?

2 Likes

I think it’s relative to where it is stored. In the window of a wallet may not work as well and behind a credit card or driver license.

2 Likes

It will fit in my wallet however its fading

1 Like

Curious. In What state are you located? Texas issues a LTC in the same material and format as the drivers license.

1 Like

All mine are covered like a dl. Wi, Fl & Utah

1 Like

@Gio, are you sure it’s worth the trouble? I just got mine (VA) and it is on the same material you described. It expires after 2 years and I don’t expect to be accessing on a regular (daily, weekly) basis. I have other cards made of similar material that haven’t faded in much longer because I only access them once or twice a month. Then again, the same can’t be said of my Costco card.

4 Likes

Protect from fading??? HA! How about protecting ownership!
Can’t you see the fading is intentional. It’s called the Kamala effect! You think you have a license, but when the time comes to use your concealed weapon against the freed felons of Kamala, it will be blank.
And you will be prosecuted to death.
When you’re released from prison you get your rights back and you won’t need a license to carry and best of all no background check requirements. You just steal the weapons of your choice and claim the Seattle Poverty Defense Law!

3 Likes

Mine says pew, no pew, lots of pew. :innocent:

3 Likes

County Sheriff permit is a credit card-sized piece of paper when folded in half. Then, it’s laminated.
The short edges aren’t covered by my wallet so they’re the first to look frayed.
But, the laminating film protects the print.
My UT non-resident permit is like a credit card and three years later, still looks brand new.

2 Likes

@Juanito Welcome to the community. We are glad to have you!

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Juanito and God bless you. I’m also from VA, Hampton Roads.

1 Like

Well my ccw is good for 5 years and it’s only been a little over a year. It has faded pretty good so far

1 Like

@Gio I use a Mini ID Case, I put my driver’s license and my CPL in it. Keeps them protected and when asked for my ID it’s easy to get at. I’ve used this type for many years, maybe this would help. Here’s a link for a good one, you can find them cheaper at other places also.

2 Likes

Welcome to the USCCA community @Juanito

2 Likes

Thank you thats a great suggestion I will look in to that :+1:

1 Like