Conceal appeal

Looking for a attorney in Chicago that can help with my ccl. This is the second time I apply and keep getting denied. I have no criminal background my foid card is active.

3 Likes

Were you given a reason for the denials?

2 Likes

Did you ask for any attorney recommendation at the Facility you chose for CCW class?

2 Likes

Are you at the point where you can no longer ask for clarification from the (non-)issuing agency?

2 Likes

Good luck to you. No need to share details, but if no crime background, I’m darn curious why. I know someone who is a great citizen and role model now, but when was younger - made a mistake which may lead to a denial; Ended up reading the rules which has an appeal process.

2 Likes

Can you share what the ISP website says under your CCL?
There should be status and explanation.

You can also call ISP at 217-782-7980 and ask for explanation.
You do not need attorney to get a reason of being denied.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Milton10 and God bless you.

2 Likes

@Milton10 >> There is a process and forms to fill out. It could be as simple as you have the same name as a bad guy.
Call USCCA TO HELP YOU FIND A 2A lawyer in your area. You can also pick a lawyer in your area and have them put in your profile to represent you in a shooting.
There is also a pistol review board in your state.
Good luck.

2 Likes

Good morning. Thank you guys for your help I would definitely look in to that. Your submission could not be approved because of a statutory prohibitor in your background. Please review your denial letter for more information. For more information about the appeal process – including forms and checklists – please visit the Office of Firearms Safety website.

1 Like

Your submission could not be approved because of a statutory prohibitor in your background. Please review your denial letter for more information. For more information about the appeal process – including forms and checklists – please visit the Office of Firearms Safety website. This is what it said on the letter

Your submission could not be approved because of a statutory prohibitor in your background. Please review your denial letter for more information. For more information about the appeal process – including forms and checklists – please visit the Office of Firearms Safety website

Thank you. Likewise

1 Like

And you have nothing on your background?

My guess is there is an incident, or incidents, that you didn’t comprehend the severity of the sentencing for.

But, your attorney will be able to tell you more accurately. The fact the state issued you a FOID…do you have absolutely nothing in your background?

Did the state just screw up?

(BTW guys, if this is a ‘clerical error’ or some other state screw up…this would be yet another specific example of Constitution carry superiority)

Ask an attorney

3 Likes

Yeah, we’re coming back to attorney’s need.
I’d start with CCL facility, they should have some information about attorneys for such case.

3 Likes