Conceal and carry in businesses where they prohibit it

I understand the law about not carrying a fire arm in federal buildings but talk about the hypocrisy of your constitutional rights being infringed. Maybe, just maybe there should be a federal vetting process which would allow people other than law enforcement to carry weapons on federal property, air planes, etc. Do deep back ground checks, pass tests both written and practical. Just spitballing a dream. They would find a way to pervert it somehow though.

3 Likes

Heck, talk about hypocrisy! How about letting solders and Marines carry on post? Every one of them has already had training and discipline in firearms safety and use.
a number of years ago, one idiot company commander captain in Kansas actually told his soldiers they could not store privately owned firearms in their off-post owned or rented homes! That got fixed, but dang, what sort of officers have we been promooting all these years?

5 Likes

Expanding our rights and freedoms? I think your idea is interesting Shebe2266 , and worthy of more discussion.

With gains, our community would too, have to be willing to take risks.

However, aren’t we already taking risks now. Opponents will always be there, they are right now trying to make changes which we don’t like. We face them, we meet them.

Of course, today we stand up and petition for our cause.

Someone recently asked me, “So you can legally carry, but what good is it if you can’t legally carry in most places, but only in your home, in your car, and only as you walk or bicycle on the street?”

If we developed an increased and expanded level of rights as you discussed, what might be some of the benefits?:

• Proactive movement as opposed to remaining idle

• Possibly expanded locations (such as federal buildings, parks, forest preserves, publicly owned facilities, libraries, public transit, hospitals, schools, cemeteries, stores, businesses, and more areas)

• We might demonstrate more evidence of our being responsible, especially if we are “vetted” in

• It could open the door for others and less restrictive “non-common sense” rules

Off topic, but thinking bout cemeteries, check your local listings. Went to visit the grave of someone I love. Never realized FA’s were not allowed at that particular location. Sure, I can get upset about it, but I’d rather “work to make changes”.

I’m personally not for all Americans to have all FA freedoms at all times; I’m for rules, but to me, there are a lot of rules on the books now that seem wrong and too strict. At the same token, I believe in other areas within fire-arms, there needs to be new and unique rules. But perhaps our FA’s community can focus on what most of us agree on, and make more headway.

Perhaps sad and funny, is if there’s an idea which the FA community tends to support, I’ll go to them, to support them. However, what if there’s a FA proposal which the FA community seems to dislike, but I like, do I go to those anti-gunners and throw them my support? It’s a dilemma for me. I don’t fit on one extreme side or the other, though I like to think I lean towards my FA rights brethren.

I think your idea is a step in the right direction, forward, not backward. It’s expansive in nature.

4 Likes

Can’t agree more with that statement.

The framers clearly stated the protection of inalienable rights because they knew we needed to be protected in the face of an overreaching and potentially tyrannical federal government.

Attacks on the First & Second Amendments are daily proof that the Framers were right.

7 Likes

As I have said before I carry concealed with a shoulder holster and the weapon does not print,so I reallyy do not pay attention to the signs,and am so used to concealed carry that I dont make adjustment moves because it is never thought about and is natural to me,but in confrontation,I do go into automatic mode with out a thought until the issue is over,and that is why motor memory is crucial training,it actually does work very effectively, it is basically a life saver,mainly yours.Basically it does no good to 2nd guess your actions since you automatically you did what kept you from being hurt but you can be charged if the Da is looking for a conviction and will draw out the court datys as long as possiable to wear yo down for a plea deal,and that is where if you have it the USCCA benefits step in and to me the funds i paid since 2017 paid for the benefits I got

6 Likes

WE live in Ohio, and we are soon to have congressional carry. I do believe its like June of this year. Our Gov, signed the bill, which is good, and its about time. We will steel keep our permits to carry, just in case we take a rive to other states that don’t have it. And if a business puts up the nasty sign NO GUNS, we just stop, spend our money with another business. They lost money.

8 Likes

Pretty sure you can immediately write off the idea of carrying on a plane.

Not even sworn LEO get to just do that.

And the federal air marshal test? Very, very few concealed carriers (or LEO) could pass it

Planes are just a bit of a different situation

4 Likes

Hello Nathan57, maybe i am mistaken but as late as the 1980’s LEO’s could carry on domestic flights and in airports. Perhaps some of our retired LEO members could weigh in? I am assuming though you may be younger, so please do not take this post as an insult. As late as the 1960’s and 1970’s it was perfectly legal to carry in State Capital Buildings.

1 Like

It is currently perfectly legal to carry in some state capital buildings.

Maybe it was legal for cops to carry on commercial aircraft as recently as 40 years ago. But that certainly isn’t the way it is now or has been for awhile, I’m just sayin’, do not expect there to be any chance that private citizens carrying concealed will be able to do so on a commercial flight, that’s just not happening.

4 Likes

Air Marshal Training Program | Requirements for Federal Law Enforcement Jobs
Practice Pistol Course (PPC), which takes place after basic firearms training is completed. The course involves firing 60 rounds at a distance of up to 25 yards. All trainees must be able to successfully fire their weapons at close distances at intermediate distances, at long distances, and in barricade positions. They must also be able to manipulate the trigger for single and multiple round strings of fire, and they must be able to fire the weapon using their right and left hands.

Firearms Training – All trainees must be able to stand for at least one hour, kneel on one knee, and hold a handgun with both hands, arms extended at eye level, for at least 7 seconds. They must also be able to assume a kneeling position within 2 seconds; extract their handgun from a tight-fitting holster in one second or less and hold a handgun with arms extended for at least 24 seconds; pull the trigger of a handgun in double action mode two times in 4 seconds, for a total of 54 trigger pulls in 2 minutes; pull the trigger in double action mode with the weak hand 6 times; and have sufficient hand and finger dexterity to safety load, unload, and handle the handgun.

3 Likes

That depends on the state. Until a couple years ago, that was “allowed” at the Virginia state capitol. Former Governor Northam and the Democratic-controlled legislature decided to instill fear and punish law-abiding citizens and deny access to the grounds and buildings of the capitol.

2 Likes

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/content/federal-air-marshal-qualification-test-your-ccw-skills/

Stage 1
From a concealed holster, face a single target at 7 yards. At the start signal, draw and fire one round. Carefully holster and repeat for a total of two single-round strings. The combined time for both strings cannot exceed 3.3 seconds—an average of 1.65 seconds per string.

Stage 2
From a low ready, face the same single target and, at the start signal, deliver two rounds (as a controlled pair). Repeat this once (two pairs; a total of four rounds). The combined time for both strings cannot exceed 2.7 seconds—an average of 1.35 seconds per string.

Stage 3
From low ready, fire six rounds into the single target in one rapid and continuous string. This is done once, and the par time is 3 seconds for the six rounds fired.

Stage 4
With a fully loaded handgun, face a single target at 7 yards from low ready. Fire one round, reload, then fire one more. Repeat for two strings and four rounds total. The par time for the four rounds is 6.5 seconds—an average of 3.25 seconds per run.

Stage 5
From low ready, fire one round each at two targets spaced 3 yards apart. strong textRepeat this once for a total of four rounds in two strings. The combined par time for both strings cannot exceed 3.3 seconds—an average of 1.65 seconds per string.

Stage 6
Three targets are placed 3 yards apart. The shooter starts from the holster under a concealment garment, facing up range with their back to the targets. At the start signal, turn, draw and place one round into each target. Repeat this for a total of six rounds. The shooter will be required to turn to their right for one string and to their left for the other. The total par time for both strings cannot exceed 7 seconds—an average of 3.5 seconds per string.

Stage 7
Load one round into the chamber, leaving the empty magazine in the gun. From a standing low ready, fire one round. The slide locks back. Drop to one knee, reload and fire one more round. Repeat for two, two-round strings. The total time cannot exceed 8 seconds—a 4-second average per string.

6 Likes

Wow. I didn’t know this is Federal Air Marshal Qualification test. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
I saw it at YT 2 years ago, somebody called it “3 Digit Agency Test” and I started using it at home.
I’ve been running this dozen times with SIRT and it’s definitely great practice.
So far I’ve never had a chance to run it live fire but once I “passed” it with SIRT it might a good challenge to pass it in reality. :thinking:

3 Likes

You’re right and that was my point. I’ve had a question about airports that you mentioned. I’ve always believed as you do that firearms are only illegal in TSA secured areas as well but I’m not sure. The question popped up when I was planning to go to Sun n Fun airshow.

2 Likes

That is completely dependent on the State you live in.

3 Likes

Or that you arrive in… ut oh… :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like