Compensators on carry guns

I am currently at the range as im typing on break, have more testing to do but it is going well.

2 Likes

1 Like

Ammo being tested today

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

Wife with the Gen 5 Roland

1 Like

Wife Glock 48 control gun for micro comp comparison

1 Like

Wife 3 different guns group

Glock 34 gen5
Glock 19 gen5 roland build
Glock 48

2 Likes

What were the split times for those targets? I ask because my understanding is that quicker follow up shots are the primary benefit of a comp.

Granted the 10 yard group is tight no matter how long it took

My timer decided to take a crap so i didn’t get to run split time drills, i apologize for that.

The 10 yd group was actually not that great, i had several other groups which were much better but being in a little bit of a hurry and my wife and daughter shooting i didn’t get to get a picture of every single group fired.

I managed to get a few short videos and some more pictures to sort through and get posted.

It was a long day and we now have around 1,000 rds on the Roland without cleaning in 3 visits as of today.

We had ZERO failures of any kind with all ammunition types we tried and my wife is now leaning VERY hard towards Roland build number 2.

Another group shot by my daughter with the Roland using mixed ammo at 5-7 yards. There are 20rds there

Damn fine shooting IMHO I only time draws from concealment as we want that to be as quick as possible the rest is preference, I like that all guns have same manual of arms similar platforms. Kills the fuss I do glock clones and will buy another one when I can probably a glock 45 I’m literally waiting for Berretta to make an apx x frame

1 Like

I hear a lot of people say stuff about ported guns and blinding flash but to be honest when training at night on the firing line m16 a2 but using a3 ammo all I know is it shot better at distance we later found out we were not supposed to have it , the muzzle flash was super bright directed up and noticeable from the side profile my eyes didn’t really have time to adjust to the flash it was over so fast I was focusing down range for an led or dot on a dim lit target to mimic a bad guy firing in the distance

2 Likes

Thinking about going out today and run some recoil control tests. Ill try and get a phone timer app to at least get some numbers going as my regular timer died.

Good deal. Repetition builds speed,

Well got some data.

Ran Winchester white box 115 fmj at 5yds and was averaging .21 - .23 splits in about a 4inch group in the A zone.

Fiocchi 115gr fmj was averaging. .18 - .19 splits in about a 3-4 inch group in the A zone

Both sets were fired with 10rds each doing 2 shots a run for 5 runs per load.

2 Likes