Community-Meet Shiloh. One joins the family and one passes

:dog2: Everyone meet Shiloh, our newest addition. A male Sheltie. 8 wks. old.

![DSCF0009|666x500](upload:// .jpeg)

13 Likes

Wow. Our male Sheltie Storm who was 12 years old just passed away. He had contracted Lyme this past summer and it just knocked the snot out of him. He was still on meds for his kidneys and liver.
He was playing with Shiloh this morning and we took him out side about an hour ago and the neighbor came over to see the puppy, Storm was barking and peed on the mail box, walked 15 feet to the grass and layed down. We called him to come in and he didn’t respond. I walked over to him and could tell right away he had passed. I tried chest compressions for several minutes but no reactions. I think his heart just stopped. He will be missed.

2 Likes

My condolences. Losing a cherished member of the family is heart breaking. Shiloh is a sweety. At least they got to meet, however so briefly.

3 Likes

@BRUCE26 I know your pain my brother. My condolences to your family.

My boss has a Picture/Memorium to one of his passed dogs with a poem of sorts. Paraphrasing; it says. Every dog that enters our life takes a bit of our heart and in turn we give a bit of our heart to them. If I live long enough my heart will be all dog and I will be happy to see the sun rise, feel the wind in my face and know the definition of true love. We could do well to live more like dogs.

Hold Hard my friend,

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

This is Storm. He is terribly missed.

2 Likes

How cute! I’m still more of a cat person (3) but I have 2 dogs. Our new dog Mateo is a rescue from Puerto Rico after the earth quakes. He’s a real trip and fits in well.! Our other dog passed last September and my wife decided that we needed a 2nd again!

3 Likes

I have to say the pic of Shiloh sleeping is about the cutest thing ever :heart_eyes: very sorry to hear of you loosing your other pup.

My brother is a professional dog guy, trains herding dogs. When he loses one it just takes the heart right out of him. The thing I tell him is that they don’t live as long as we do, not so we feel the loss of the ones that go, but so that we can love so many more of them in our lifetime.

peace.

2 Likes

Congrats on the newest family member👍

3 Likes

Thank you all for your kindness and and supportive words. This is rough Storm is terribly missed.
Stay safe, Bruce and Nancy.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s always so hard to lose the furry family members, and almost impossible to get used to not having them around. Your new baby is beautiful, and even more precious to have to help you thru this hard time. God bless…

3 Likes