Community forum and TOR

I noticed that access to the community forum via TOR does not work.
How come?
Some network administrators categorize this site as “Weapons” and block it. TOR is the go-to tool for people who are limited by censorship, and either can’t run a VPN or don’t want to pay for VPN.

2 Likes

In the past, VPNs would not work on this site, now they are just glitchy and slow. Many sites that use personal data and cookies are anti-VPN.

3 Likes

I’m using a VPN. I haven’t noticed any connection or performance degradation.

4 Likes

I guess it depends on which one and where the server is located, and your internet speed. I have a very high speed connection and can notice webpage latency issues, which are most typically due to the VPN. When I stopped using it, this site loaded far faster, basically immediately compared to 1 second or more.

2 Likes

I have used a a couple different VPNs on this site for 3 years without issue. One is my ex-employeers vpn, the other I pay for is NORD VPN, and for anyone who does not want to fight with TOR or pay for a vpn, Proton VPN is a very good FREE choice.
Proton FREE VPN: https://protonvpn.com/

1 Like

Proton packaged deal is good, email+ drive + vpn. Especially if you want to get away from ever spying google. But the free VPN only offers 1 US server, and its often busy.