Colorado ‘Assault Weapons’ Ban Would Outlaw All Semi-Automatic Handugns

Colorado telling California here hold my bong

4 Likes

So, a musket or a revolver under 50 ounces.
What if the 50 cal is under 50 ounces and is a bolt action?:thinking:

3 Likes

They will continue to take away our rights until they are corrected.

4 Likes

Or we have no rights left to take:(

4 Likes

“any firearm with a rapid-fire trigger activator”

So it doesn’t matter whether it is a semi auto or not. If you are capable of rapidly activating the trigger you can’t buy a firearm? Though I guess it depends on their definition of rapid-fire? Obviously Jerry Miculek won’t be able to buy a firearm in CO if this bill passes;)

6 Likes

I personally love this. All these states are driving cases on the way to the SCOTUS that will finally force them to settle this crap once and for all. Let the legal/constitutional war begin…

6 Likes

As long as this flood of unconstitutional law cases makes it to SCOTUS before the anti self defense people get a chance to stack the Court with justices who conveniently forget how to read english when it comes to the 2A.

Though the antis certainly seem to be on an accelerating trajectory that may force the current SCOTUS to put an end to all their shenanigans sooner rather than later.

Obama was actually pretty smart about not using executive/ATF actions to push his anti self defense agenda. Think he new it would lead to court reviews that would eventually erode existing anti gun laws as well as whatever actions he might try to accomplish. By weaponizing the ATF, Trump and Biden showed a complete lack of concern for our constitutional rights. Hopefully cases against the bump stock ban, receivers, and pistol braces will finally force the courts to remove all the unconstitutional infringements upon our rights.

4 Likes

We in CA have been fighting that battle for decades. Most of the time, the battle has ended in the 9th Circuit with SCOTUS being too overloaded in cases to hear any of our cases. The 9th Circuit and most of the lower courts didn’t care about Heller and they’re struggling with how to get around the recent NYSRPA decision. The current tactic seems to be to flood the cases with a ton of historical “facts”, many false and most applied incorrectly, allowing corrupt judges to claim, “Well the history professor said… therefore I can rule…”. We do have several landmark cases pending before Judge Saint Benitez who will likely overturn our “assault weapons” ban, magazine capacity limits, and our ability to purchase ammo online, without going through a background check that nobody with an FFL wants to process. But then these cases will likely go back to the 9th Circuit again. I know Benitez will cut through the crap and rule in our favor. But I don’t have high hopes for the 9th Circuit. They basically seem to have an out to rule however they want as long as they have a history “expert” to point to as their justification. But maybe we’ll get another “freedom week” between Benitez and the 9th Circuit where we can purchase ammo online and get some more standard capacity magazines.

4 Likes