Collapsible gun for back up?

I own a Security 9 and after buying a new magazine for it, it started jamming (never had that issue unless their magazines are sensitive to being dropped on the ground). So overall, I think they make good guns but I don’t think they’re good enough for CC. Now a Sig 9238… I’ll look into that. I mean worse case scenario I could end up just carrying an XDS and then when I’m off work, carry another handgun in a shoulder holster.

1 Like

Why a P238 instead of a P938, @KillJoy?

For a smidge bigger you can get the 9mm version (P938). I have the P238 and would prefer the 938.

3 Likes

I hear .380 is expensive as is. Plus I don’t think I like the idea of going to a cartridge that’s smaller than 9mm for carry.

1 Like

I’d prefer the 9 mm for a number of reasons, but if someone can only carry .380 due to lifestyle/physical restrictions, I’m glad they have an option to carry. :slight_smile:

And you’re definitely right - the .380 ammo is a lot more expensive than 9mm ammo!

1 Like

Ouch. I spend $40 approximately just buying 200 rounds of target 9mm. I’d hate to see the price for .380 ammo if it’s much more expensive than 9mm.

1 Like

On a sit that was recommended by a community member the other day, Target Sport USA, 9mm ammo can be as cheap as $8.49 for 50 while .380 is $9.99. At Cabelas, a box of Federal .380 is $16.99 while the same manufacturer for 9 mm is $11.99.

Those prices are for FMJ.

3 Likes

I have been looking at them… i like the idea… i would actually use it in a satchel bag, not a bad idea… and the mag blocks the weapon from refolding while firing…

2 Likes

In my personal opinion, I subscribe to one of the mantras from Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch. Carrying a gun isn’t supposed to be comfortable, its supposed to be comforting. I think the folding guns are supposed to be for people that don’t like the idea of carrying in a uncomfortable holster, But there are people with disabilities that this could be beneficial for. I could see it being a good option for somebody in a wheelchair. All that being said, if I saw a folding gun on sale, and i have the cash, I’m buying it. It’s a gun, so of course I’m interested… could be a good backup piece. :thinking:

2 Likes

Love that! I prefer it to be both, but the sentiment is spot on!

3 Likes

Oh, don’t get me wrong, I would like it to be super comfy too! I am comfortable enough not to fidget anymore and I’m leaving it at that. By me repeating that “mantra” the bulge on my side is turning comfortable.

1 Like

No matter how many im carrying, if found a way to be comfortable and confident… but i feel that this sidearm especially for me, is perfect for parent that want to pack heat… But are uncomfortable with their kids possibly fidgiting with it or doing things to it… when im holding my 7 momth old, she like flipping my 1911 safety off with her toes… she doesnt know shes doing it, but i can feel it hapoen… so i wpuld actually consider it as a parent… or for my wife who has a purse with her but doesnt necissarly want to hip carry all day with the kids out in public…

2 Likes

I see you’re point but I don’t see the issue with flipping the safety off. It’s not like they can discharge it in the holster… Just my point of view. But then again I’ve come to like the guns without a manual safety.

1 Like

Do you open carry, or owb conceal if your daughter can flip the safety off? Because yeah, I’m never uncomfortable when I’m open carrying in the woods or something, or using my owb conceal holster, but conceal carrying iwb can get uncomfortable, especially when you have on newly washed jeans that get tightened up in the dryer. Socks with holes and newly washed jeans with an iwb really get me in a foul mood. Lol

2 Likes

I do both with my daighter

1 Like

I saw that video, but it’s a Glock, so no way! I love my P938.

2 Likes

I personally like the feel of newly washed jeans with an IWB. But I think it’s because I’m so thin.

1 Like

Looks like the trigger is fully enclosed, no chance for an ND? I am intrigued by the compactness when it is folded. Not sure I would carry one in my pocket. With lint and threads, even more moving parts to get dirty and jam, or potentially fail. Would have to see first hand.

2 Likes

Just watched review on it. I like much better. I’m learning about different guns. Thanks

1 Like

@luke_ouellette, here’s another alternative gun and Kevin’s take on it.

Have those Ideal Conceal 380s finally hit the market? I was following them for quite a while but lost interest after continuous email updates full of nothing other than delays and excuses.

1 Like