Close calls

So I found myself in a bad position coming home from work, a car came speeding up on me almost hits me then proceeded to cut me off as I slam on my breaks the man gets out pulls a gun , as I draw my sidearm a cop happens to have been sitting and seeing everything they let that jerk go about his way and myself but after giving us a riot act so I have questions like why did I get yelled at and more importantly how did the suspect get to drive away ?

7 Likes

Welcome to our family Everett

3 Likes

You’ll need to provide a lot more info detail to get any real answers or even opinions on this one.

4 Likes

I’ve been around just long enough to guess that the answer is “It depends.”

5 Likes

Things that make you go hhhuuummm!
The only thing that comes to mind is maybe the cop knew the guy who sped up on you. So they read you the riot act. Well thank god nothing came out of it and you weren’t hurt.

2 Likes

That’s exactly right. Sad, true, and funny, all at once. :joy:

2 Likes

Given recent events, are you in on of the crazy areas? That could explain it…it seems evil has been going unpunished and good people are taking a hit…

5 Likes

Thank you for the welcome :pray:

1 Like

Ok as for more information, all I can say is at 5:45 am going down 35w a man came hauling he almost hits me starts fish tailing , now he’s apparently mad at me like it’s my fault so I speed up to avoid the stupid he showed but he speeds up yanked his wheel right in front of me all I could do was swerve to the shoulder the cop was sitting just off ovn a frontage rd as the jerk jumps out gun in hand so I opened my door draw my sidearm the man stops drops gun throws hands up and cop is now right there lights and sirens going . I immediately put sidearm down and hands up then explain what just happened as my heart was pounding

4 Likes

@Everett4

You are extremely lucky. Even though you were provoked he could have probably run you in on a laundry list of charges.

I’m glad it turned out ok for you.

4 Likes

Yes I’m glad it turned out good . However if someone pulls a gun on you , are you not legally Covered and shouldn’t the person have been arrested

1 Like

At this point I would suggest if you want a real answer that you take it to higher level police with your side of the story. Give them date, time, location, of incident and ask that they research it and get back to you.

7 Likes