Close Call Today

I say a nice shoulder holster, or one of the magnetic pistol holders that fasten under edge of dash

2 Likes

@David956 and @Jmeyer Welcome to the community, we are glad to have you. :us:

2 Likes

Thanks, been a member for a few years but not posted anything, just usually lurking and learning.

3 Likes

Gray Man. :wink:

1 Like

Use a gun magnet mounted under the dashboard on your strong side. Fast access when needed.

1 Like

Thatā€™s quite the situation. When I get in the car I also pull my shirt out of the seatbelt and pull the seatbelt down a little so I can get to my pistol in AIWB position. Sometimes after work Iā€™ll leave my pistol in my lockbox under my seat but will unlock it so I can grab it quick enough. Itā€™s hard to practice unless you do it a place where nobody can see you do it. Last thing you want is somebody thinking that youā€™re threatening them.

1 Like

I donā€™t like wearing a holster while in the seat. Also, I keep a firearm concealed in my car all the time. That way I donā€™t have to worry about ā€œloading upā€ every time I leave the house.

I have a steering wheel holster in my car. Accessible but it also keeps my firearm under the steering column and out of site.

I have a magnet in the door of my truck because there is no place to mount it under the dash. Too many places interfere with my legs. It was my best bad solution as I have to worry about it shaking loose when I close the door.

1 Like

I have the same dilemna, trying to figure out a protective solution while driving. Iā€™ve thought of a mounted holster but the holster would be visible when parked. I donā€™t want anyone to know Iā€™m armed.

1 Like

I mounted a gun magnet on the side of my console by my right knee. My gun is very secure and isnā€™t notable but I can reach it easily with very little movement.

1 Like

The FBI debacle in Miami during the 80ā€™s should ware anyone not to have the firearm unsecured. One agent hit the bank robbers car, and his revolver went flying to who knows where. If you lay it on the seat or console, you could be put out of the fight.

3 Likes

One car has a tray that hold a bug very nicely. The other has a gun magnet. The time I needed it the pistol was tucked under my right thigh and very accessible.

1 Like

Even if they donā€™t the evolutionary pressure is good for them theyā€™ll learn ā€¦

1 Like

Do you use the Wilderness in the vehicle mostly or do you carry it? Just wondering how comfortable it is in different situations.:thinking:

1 Like

I use it in the vehicle primarily. I find that although I could wear it, it is very large and quite bulky on a belt line.

As an added feature however, it doubles as a ā€œbetween the mattressā€ holster for overnight stays in hotels while on the road. It really is the very best option for secure car carry with immediate access to a firearm in the case of an attack.

Stay safe out there.

I watched the video and really liked the bedside option. I might stay with my homemade console devices and get it just for the bed. Like the thought of it not on the nightstand. I donā€™t drink (anymore), but would really hate to get shot with my own gun. Feel like it would be almost invisible in that pouch.

1 Like

Iā€™ve owned the same Safe Packer for many years. It is very well made and extremely handy while on the road.

Stay safe out there.

Caveat: I donā€™t work for Wilderness Tactical, Iā€™m just fond of their product.

1 Like

Gun Magnets work for me

Hey, it worked for Kyle. Deadly force ā€” a confusion resolution not limited to incompetent law enforcement. :angry:

Robert, Come down here. Walk with me. See these folks. Watch them, listen to them. Your assessment of the neighborhood challenged guy is totally different than the desperate drug addict looking for free money, yes it has to be cash, to buy his next bag.

2 Likes

While I am out and about in my vehicle I either carry appendix IWB or 4:30 IWB/OWB and have felt comfortable either way. it is simple to draw and can do it pretty quickly without unbuckling my seatbelt. If my wife goes into a store and I am parked in my vehicle I will remove my seatbelt while I wait. @Mike164 you handled your situational awareness very well, you never let the individual get close enough to you and shouted commands loudly, if anything he knew you was not playing games and you were alert to what he was up to. Great job brother. I suggest you find a private space and practice drawing your unloaded firearm while sitting in your vehicle and you will eventually become proficient with it.

5 Likes