Click click not Boom

The Pastor that had the gunman in his face while during service in Pennsylvania I think.

He said the gunman pointed the gun at him. He heard it go click click but no boom.

He said the gun misfired then it was reported that the gun jammed.

If the gun misfired or jammed could it still fire and make 2 clicks?? I did notice that in the video the slide was forward during the entire ordeal.

My question: is this possible for a firearm to click click and no boom if the firearm was jammed or misfire??

4 Likes

all depends on trigger action and what kind of malfunction occurred.

If that was failure to fire (bad ammo, bad primer, light strike) it was almost zero chance it would fire again.
But even that, the next shot could occur only if the pistol was a double action only (just press the trigger again) or hammer fired (you must cock the hammer again).

Sometimes criminals forget to chamber the round… so you know… hard to shoot empty chamber.

Without any doubt the easiest and fastest way to have a boom again is tap-rack-reassess.

4 Likes

Another possibility… :thinking:

The Taurus G2 and G3 series handguns have a feature known as second strike capability123. This is unique to Taurus’ striker-fired pistols2.

Here’s how it works:

This feature is considered useful as it allows the shooter to attempt to fire a round that didn’t ignite on the first trigger pull23. It’s worth noting that the second strike or restrike does not hit as hard as the single-action strike

7 Likes

Click-Click no boom to me indicates, probably, a true double action. You could click indefinitely on an empty chamber or a dud round, hammer going up and dropping.

4 Likes

God works in mysterious way’s Amirite? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

7 Likes

I have 2 G2 and 1 G3 and yes this is exactly how they perform. I have only experienced one instance where a live round did not fire on the first (single action) pull. It did however fire on the second pull.

The double, or second strike action differs very little from the single action. In my estimation while being noticeably longer in pull the weight difference is less than 1-1.5 pound between the two.

While in a real world encounter it is best to do a tap/rack after a “click” and no boom, the second strike capability is very useful in dry fire practice.

4 Likes

If God’s involved anything is possible. We can rationalize till he’ll freezes over, but God’s in control.

4 Likes

I have experienced the Holy Spirit, and this song is the only thing that describes it.

2 Likes

Why did he want to kill the pastor. I’ve wanted to knock a couple off my self but they were wolves in sheep’s clothes. Anybody got a interview with the attempted murderer yet I would like to know why he tried to kill a man of God :thinking:

1 Like

I get it that certain hand guns are different. Just wanted to understand why the reporting was off about the gun in this situation. It looks like it could possibly be a 380, by the size of it.

What religion was the gun toater ?

1 Like

Maybe he was not a fan of the message the pastor was preaching about.

1 Like

I believe at times there always a possibly of Devine intervention. There was instance many years ago at a bar I used to frequent a guy pulled the trigger on the owner not once but 3 times. I clicked every time. He took the firearm away from him and kept it. Next day out of curiosity he pulled the trigger 3 times it left 3 holes in target. Talking about hair on back of neck standing up :us:

2 Likes

I am unfamiliar with this event but have read through all of the comments. I am curious why we would put such importance on what someone remembers about an unsettling and traumatic event. If the pastor had a gun in his face I would expect the sound of the hammer falling would sound like a block of TNT exploding as he/her would believe the sound foretold their death. Hearing two clicks or ten clicks could have been their own heart beats. What I got from this discussion the pastor did not die because the attempted shooter was not experienced with their firearm. A revolver trigger pulled a second time would present a different round and maybe a second click , a semiauto some action prior to a second click. I take that the pastor survived so who really cares what they thought they heard. Use dummy rounds and find out what you would do if you get a click and how to deal with it.

1 Like

I completely understand. But when we encounter an event like this, shouldn’t it be accurate as possible.
Not saying that anything was fabricated about the situation.
If in deed it was a great devine intervene then we should take it as one, or luck that the weapon did not operate as it should have.