Cleaning your handgun as something deeper than a chore

Yeah, he beat me up for having filthy guns but they still functioned. :astonished:

3 Likes

Does he work on the road? :slight_smile:

1 Like

“Now that you mentioned it.”
Justo lika me .:sunglasses:

1 Like

Cleaning guns is like cleaning toilets, the longer you wait the more disgusting it gets… :nauseated_face:

5 Likes

This is particularly true when it comes to our self-defense firearms. They are not being used for rabbit hunting and they must go bang every single time the trigger is pulled

3 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Trucker_Reed and you are blessed to be here.

1 Like

Cleaning under the couch is a chore, dusting, wash, vacuuming are all chores. Firearm cleaning not so much…

3 Likes

Dang almost identical to my way lol

3 Likes
Yup, you got it.
2 Likes

I apologize for sounding like I’m trivializing gun cleaning.
Consider cleaning your carry pistol like you’d pack your parachute.
Your life depends on it.

5 Likes

:+1:
Also consider that repacking your chute more often than necessary will not improve it, and may degrade its utility prematurely or inadvertently.

“As appropriate.” not “Because… Well, just because.”

2 Likes

There’s a reason why when there is a problem, the first place you look is the last thing a human touched…

3 Likes

I have worked solo a lot over the years. I find I can often discover the source of a mechanical problem.
:blush:

1 Like

Anything that gets me out of the house and into the garage is a good thing.

3 Likes

Which is an excellent reason to know exactly what you’re doing.
Just like a cardiothoracic surgeon.

A surgeon performs the surgery on the patient only when they need it, not every time they see the patient…just because. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

LOL!
A dirty carry weapon needs it.

Is there someone who can give me a link to a very detailed gun cleaning video? My husband died almost 6 months ago and as a 70 year old woman who is now alone, I need to learn how to do this on my own. My Sig is my only protection. Email is kittymomma@cox.net And no, my cats are lovers, not fighters.

3 Likes

The “Ritual” and the smell of the “Hoppe’s” brings back memories of my Dad cleaning his service sidearms in the garage. I love it. I’ll keep the tradition going, thanks Dad!

1 Like

Sandra , I’d say you’re in the right group here to get all the info you need. Start here: [https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/]

2 Likes