Civilian justice v military response

Why is it totally OK for the army to attack various vague or specific sites several days after non specific adversaries kill soldiers on an army base?

2 Likes

Christianity and The Rule of Law. :thinking:

Rules for thee but not for me. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

That’s as far as I am going down that “rabbit hole”. There are others here who will expound “Ad Nauseam” on the subject. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

How did LEO find out? Around here, gators have to eat too…

5 Likes

Depends on whether you believe the rights guaranteed in the Constitution are valid or not, doesn’t it. Consider the 5th Amendment:

“No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.”

When people are killed in an extra-judicial they are denied “due process.” Lots of people want to take the law in their own hands and eliminate the requirement of due process. When the military kills people, it is also acting without due process, but we turn a blind eye to actions of the military presuming them all to be just and never extra-legal.

4 Likes

It’s two totally different worlds. To go beyond that would require some heavy political-science and criminal-justice coursework, neither of which I am qualified to teach.

'Nuff said.

6 Likes

Military response to an attack is much much different than Law enforcement/Civilian response to a crime.

10 Likes

Local and international differences! Personal and National justice!

5 Likes

Pretty basic. War is war and as civilians we give local, state and federal governments the right to act in our behalf. I guess that is “civilized” society. I am retired LE and i understand why we need this, but also understand why someone who had a family member killed or raped would want to take matters in their own hands.

8 Likes

Society as a whole consists of good and bad people. If we let the bad people handle the problems, society will get worse. The army is a safe guard.

1 Like

Because we don’t want Hatfield-McCoy justice system.

2 Likes

That’s a great question. So could you pick up our citizens on your way back from Iran :iran: . Legally speaking wtf.:us:

1 Like

Scott Garan. IF SOME DIRT.BAG KILLED MY MOMA OR MY Debbie ann . IF THE LAW COULD GET TO THEM BEFORE ME . They MAY . NOT DIE .SCREAMING. THATS A VERY BIG MAYBE …BEFORE THEY DIE. I HAVE SO LITTLE THAT I TRULY HAVE .THAT I LOVES. Me. THAT ! My Life . THE WORLD COULD HAVE FREELY. . For some one to take everything I ,Have .take my life .AS WELL . THE COURT IS LETTING . CRIMINALS JUST WALK OUT OF THE COURTROOMS. …WITH NO CHARGES. AND NOT EVEN A BOND. And no charges!!! . AND THEY ARE NOT EVEN IN THIS COUNTRY LEGALLY. … WHEN THEY JUST LET THE CRIMINALS WALK FREE AFTER BEATING THE NYPD.:bangbang::us: AND THEY WERE GOING TO A SANCTUARY CITY . HURTING MY LOVE ONES . DEFINITELY IS. A CRIME. Not SOON TO BE FORGOTTEN . Love :two_hearts:. MY LOVE ONES . And my puppies. …BEFORE BITME!! WE PUT CRIMINALS IN PRISON. WHEN .THEY COMMITTED A CRIME… I JUST PRAY ME AND MY TWO LADIES CAN . AND MY LITTLE DOGS. . CAN . MAKE IT WITH OUT ATTACKED OR KILLED . THIS WORLD IS GETTING SO VIOLENT . I will not tolerate any one . HARMING. MY… DEBBIE ANN . My MOMA . And my two little dogs chopper six .&,Jake ann . I .LOVE THIS COUNTRY . AND I . Never want to hurt anyone . . !! . MY Debbie ann .STAGE 4.CANCER. and my 84, years old MOMA. And two muts. . AND IF ANY. EVIL . BASTARD. WANTS. TO . FIND HELL . HARM. WHAT LITTLE I HAVE. WHOEVER HURTS MY FAMILY …WILL WISH THAT THEY WERE NEVER BORN…:feather::feather::owl::skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones::skull_and_crossbones::cherry_blossom::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

We DONT WANT TO PAY FOR ILLEGAL FOREIGNERS TO BE IN OUR COUNTRY AND US. THE AMERICAN CITIZENS PAYING FOR THEM TO . TAKE OUR COUNTRY AWAY FROM OUR AMERICAN :us: CITIZENS :feather::feather::chile::us::100::100::100::bangbang::bangbang::bangbang::cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: