Civil War, is it inevitable or avoidable?

Unless Pence is also implicated in this Ukraine thing. But even so, if there was a crime made by a president, that president needs to be held accountable, if only so that we don’t set a precedent that presidents don’t have to follow the rules of law/constitution, etc.

I would find Pence to be a better president. Sure, I’d hate a lot of the things he’d try to accomplish, but I’d be less worried about things like upsetting our allies, or violating the constitution or laws, or giving people petty names, and would probably not paint democrats as the enemy as much as Trump does. He’s just a much more stable individual.

I sure wish I had one! Actually, there may be a way to do that, now that I’m thinking about it, plus it’ll probably be somewhere in it’s entirety online. I will probably end up just watching video clips of it though.

1 Like

Well we stopped that at Obama for his crimes of assisting terrorist when he supplied 2 billion to terrorist(We don’t negotiate with terrorist). Therefore, he should have been arrested for treason.

However, I want you to be advised about fake news that sounds and look like it’s credible. I have no idea where you are from and what news sources you have as well as your interpretation of it. I respect your political opinion though and we all need to find some middle ground some where,

3 Likes

To be fair, this situation was investigated by congress.

It did not get congressional approval, and I do not like that sanctions were lifted, and this money was unfrozen to Iran, but it was Iran’s money. It wasn’t like we took from our own funds to do this. Here’s a link that summarizes the situation - you may not like the website factcheck.org, but they do list their sources if you’re curious as to how they came up with their conclusions.

Fact checking website summary that includes links to their sources

I’m familiar with the site…
Do you know who writes the Facts on there?

If I was the Fact Checker, I could proclaim a lot of thing factual that are not. I might could rewrite history,

2 Likes

Edit ^^^

What I mean is what sources. I need only scholarly sources or I’ll never believe it.

2 Likes

I often do look at all different sources, and often rely more on those that will admit to errors in their previous reporting. But, when I say I look at different sources, that will include news Al-Jazeera, BBC, and other foreign news sources, and sometimes even Fox News, which is in my opinion the true fakest news available out of the bunch.

A lot of what I draw from is actual video and transcripts of what Trump says, and reading of the laws the best I can as someone who isn’t trained to read laws - and laws can often be interpreted differently by people who’s job it is to actually read such things, so that can be tricky. I spend entirely way too much time reading/watching about such things, and much to my own discomfort. Politics often makes me angry… it’s like the phrase “hurts so good.”

1 Like

I spend way too much time in politics, but my major is government so…

I’m not here to tell you I’m right and your wrong by no means. I support bi-bartison ideas and such. Also, I know there are just as bad right wing as leftist.

I learned to grab from six scholarly resources and draw my own conclusions with those reports.

2 Likes

I feel ya on that. I’m reminded of people who will poo poo Wikipedia. I do use Wikipedia often, but more often than not, I will also use the links they provide for their sources. It’s more of just a round up of related articles and sources about any given subject. That’s why I’m emphasizing the bit where this factcheck.org website lists their sources, and the sources can be checked for accuracy.

That all said, did I check their sources when I linked it? No. I’m very distracted right now with the public impeachment stuff right now, and cannot debate thoroughly enough to make my own summary of what I feel happened with that Iran thing, and this link does so for me, and I’m just hoping the sources they used to draw from are legit. I apologize if they aren’t. I’ve got to put my computer down right now and watch the television though… I only have an hour to watch it live before I’m held up with obligations elsewhere until about 3pm my time, lol.

1 Like

I’d love to know what you draw from. Not because I want to debate them in any way at all, but because I’d like to draw from them myself. I’m intrigued in a good way, if you will. I’d love to have more options to read about such things - and if you’re major is government, I’m extra intrigued and assume you know what you’re talking about.

Okay, seriously though, putting the computer down, lol.

1 Like

Don’t sweat it bro!

I don’t care if you were on here waiving a rainbow flag, saying take their guns, while wearing a “Not My President” shirt… you would still have my love!

1 Like

Also bro, I might study but will never have it all down.

Politics is “the art of the possible” or “who gets what and how” therefore your belief should not be ignored.

One source declares it like this, “The process by which a community selects rulers and empowers them to make decisions, take action to attain common goals, and reconcile conflicts within a community.” (Magstadt 2017).

Some think politics is the source of all problems or that it’s ALL corrupt, but there is problems and corruption in families, schools, and even workplaces. We are imperfect people.

1 Like

The Dems have been after Trump since week two and attempting to impeach him for about as long…from claimed collusion with Russia to win the election, to leaked phone calls with other national leaders (Mexico/Australia), attempted traps to get him to perjure himself etc. There definitely seems to be a double standard for Dems when it wrong doing and these impeachment hearings are the purely political result of nothing else baring fruit yet.

President Trump, is a bombastic person who often speaks before he thinks and then when he thinks he frequently puts his other foot in his mouth. I don’t have an issue with him taking tough stances or speaking candidly. However many of his tweets and comments are not helpful and fuel arguments instead of keeping focus on the issue. Speaking of facts, all politicians are loose with the facts or put spin on things, but I believe President Trump as set a new standard. And his refusal to listen to his advisors. who are subject matter experts in their fields, leading them to resign drives me nuts.

The national news media has lost most of it’s credibility and I see just as much fake news on Fox as I do CNN or ABC the other news outlets have just been exposed for who they are now. I have no issue with the President calling them out on this, because they never gave him a fair shake, but at some point someone has to be the adult in the room. At this point, I only trust my local news affiliate and not even them when it comes to weather :wink:

I support a lot of what the President has done/attempted to do, tougher stances with supposed allies who have taken advantage of us for decades: tougher stances with trade agreements with countries that blatantly steal our IP; open support of Israel, the entire concept of putting America first.

But he’s made a ton of mistakes also, Syrian troop draw down, not creating clearer separation between him and his companies while in office, not fully vetting some of his appointees, frequently making claims that are factually inaccurate.

This is the disgusting State of politics we are in right now. Not sure any one party is to blame, more of it being another symptom of our societal decline.

All IMO.

4 Likes

@JamesR. As I have said before I remember every President since Eisenhower, every one. I was in 7th Grade classroom the day Kennedy was killed, there’s not much that slips by me. Reagan was hated overwhelmingly until Trump, now Trump is the new punching bag. It’s disgusting to see because the one party lost and the other party won. Is this what we have become? So the next time a Democrat wins does that mean seconds before that person sticks his arm on the Bible before he sits in the big chair Republicans are going to ensue impeachment? looks like to me that will be the consensus. Have a good afternoon all my Community friends.

3 Likes

In addressing the original question; I think it’s already begun. The out of power party is attempting to overturn the 2016 election, left wing thugs go unpunished and the first casualty of war, TRUTH, has already fallen.

3 Likes

Don’t give up all hope on this point of order. Just because the current D.O.J. rules of engagement do not provide for punitive prosecution of a sitting President unless his deeds become subject to or beyond the definition as ‘high crimes or misdemeanors,’ doesn’t mean the detailing and memorialization of such actions and activities which are criminal acts performed during the period of an administration can’t be prosecuted once the former “President” becomes a common citizen out of office.

It is entirely possible, although historically not demonstrated, such a person could be held to account to the fullest extent of the law. Just because others have been pardoned by succeeding administrations (read men who are worried about how their time will be viewed after they’ve left) doesn’t mean some people do not deserve everything they’ve earned.

And don’t forget, there can be *** civil *** (maybe even Class Action ~ ) lawsuits presented post-term as well. Just because Trump was trained by a man who taught him to sue is always the right offensive defense doesn’t mean he can’t be hoisted upon his own petard!

This isn’t over by a long shot. Which is why the Muller Report was so thoroughly investigated, names named, deeds done, historically memorialized for future benefit to the Nation.

post script:
What I would really hate to see is Trump do something so irresponsible as to rise to the notice and jurisdiction of The World Court. In that case he could be the flash of flint needed for America to loose it’s freedom to demonstrate we are a Country of Law and have need of outside authority to bring a man to task for crimes against humanity. Which is why so many of us fear the man has no sense of the place and circumstance he has supposedly been elected to.

1 Like

Not that anyone believes he’ll be removed from office barring some actual evidence of real and serious crimes but let’s say some earth shattering smoking gun is actually revealed.

Not only would Trump be removed from the office it would be a devastating blow to the party overall going into 2020 in all likelihood and a huge boost to democrat chances up and down the ticket likely to give them full control of both houses and the presidency.

The goal however isn’t really removing him from office it’s simply to damage his presidency and to such a level as to take the air out of republicans, democrats, and independents that voted for him in 2016.

3 Likes

Trump is going to be here in Shreveport/Bossier tomorrow!!!

We got tickets!

4 Likes

Get there as early as you can, there will be a max crowd inside and out.

4 Likes

They said even if arrival is early no guaranteed entry for any person(s),

&& It’s sooo colllldd here! People really are riding the Trump Train because they showed up last week in a R.V. (I can picture older guys getting out, they are retired, got their red maga hat on :rofl::rofl:)

3 Likes

huh, at least The Greatful Dead had a product. This is like being there because, well, BEING THERE.
mebbie it’s the same thing Idunno

1 Like