Chicago Year Ending 2019
Shot and Killed. 457
Shot and Wounded 2284
Total Shot. 2742
Total Homicides . 510

Chicago PD Homicide Clearance
As of 11/5/2019. 10.6%

2 Likes

Here are two articles that say carrying wouldn’t help in Chicago - and may be making it worse. :woman_shrugging:

As of this month, there were 306,000 active concealed carry holders in Illinois, 40,000 of them living in Chicago. (September 2019)

And if you would like to read a whole bunch of skewed data:
http://worldpopulationreview.com/states/gun-deaths-by-state/
They mention firearm suicide, but don’t take it out of the Firearm Death Rate per 100k.

As we’ve seen in Australia, taking away guns does not take away suicides. People will find a different method for taking their own lives. :frowning:

2 Likes

@Dawn. Hi Dawn, I read those two articles those prior making my head want to explode. Problem is that Big Mike Madigan the guy that put IL in the ditch is going to use that someday in the legislature. He will hold it for an opportunistic moment. Makes @Michael7 and @Zee invitation for my wife and myself to move to MO ever more enticing. I think we are going to visit there in the summertime. It’s disgusting that the media can slant their stories but they have their First Amendment
By the way; ISRA would be happy to give you those Vital Stastics also maybe make your difficult job a bit easier? :woman_shrugging::thinking:
Well I have to say more now, in my second career as a Funeral Director and Embalmer I have handled probably north of 500 suicides and certainly there were firearm deaths, and I’m not going to go into the How’s but I can tell you the least uses of suicides are gun shots, most people hang themselves, or drown themselves in bathtubs, electrocuted or jump in front of commuter trains and I have picked bodies from hundreds of crime scenes. But guns are/were the least.

2 Likes

@Dawn Consider the source
 Chicago has to keep telling lies to its citizens to keep them from demanding their 2A rights.

As of 2018:
“So in Illinois, there have been zero convictions for crimes committed with a permitted concealed handgun. Annually, just 0.59 per 100,000 permit holders are charged with such a crime.”

2 Likes

@Greg1 That is true Greg no incident’s yet and 330,+ CCW LICENSEES Here in Lincoln Land

1 Like

And the reason is pretty straightforward. Most folks who go the the trouble to be “licensed” to legally carry aren’t thugs or cons ‘ cause that type won’t bother following the law to start with. Licensed folks who carry are probably some of the most law abiding folks out there. As a general rule they will not be using a weapon unless justified in doing so

2 Likes

You are correct Sir! and I am very positive that’s going to remain that way. Years ago the Chicago Trib was a good Conservative newspaper but they went liberal a long time ago but now it’s just another rag useless.

1 Like

It’s also easier to confiscate firearms from law-abiding citizens and then tell the media that they took “x” many guns off of the streets.

1 Like

The Chicago Tribune article bundles what seems like legitimate self-defence incidents with crimes - a “teen” shot while trying to stab someone, and a man shot while trying to beat someone up.

2 Likes

It is a Rag for a long time now. Not interested in real reporting anymore especially when talking about firearms and if they can make legal law abiding gun owners look bad they do like that. In 2017 a reporter from the Chicago Sun-Times went to a Chicago suburban gun store with no FOID attempting to buy an assault weapon that was “full semi-automatic” and was told that he didn’t have any FOID so he could not make a purchase.

1 Like