Chicago Hospital Ejects Uniformed, On-Duty Cop for Refusing to Surrender his

3 Likes

What did the lone female security officer tell the cop to do if he surrendered his gun and then needed it while inside the hospital? “You will have to do like the rest of us, which is to run and hide.”

Thankfully, I don’t live in Chicago and I hope I never have to be in one of their hospitals.

On recent trips to the ER (for others, not me) here in Wisconsin, I’ve seen the firearms on the security guards at the doors and had to go through metal detectors. If I can’t carry, armed guards and metal detectors is the least the hospital can do to protect me when I cannot defend myself.

7 Likes

From everything I know about Chicago area hospitals and there are many of them; and I have been to most all of them in my working years to remove bodies from the hospital morgues to bring the body back to my Funeral Home. Most of these security guards are very nice people but there is that occasional guard that thinks he or she is a wannabe Cop and has an unhappy life because they cannot pass the police entry level test, or physical because of health or weight, or otherwise, or the psychological test so they become Rent-A-Cops and I have witnessed it for years that person just tried to boss the real police around is all and here we are talking about it today because they are not the real police is all.

4 Likes

I am ABSOLUTELY ok with this. Allowing government employees arms where I can not is the definition of TYRANNY. There should be absolutely no exemptions for government employees.

The laws which apply to me should also apply to government employees. Kudos to the security guard.

I interviewed for security work at a couple chicago hospitals. Most dont have armed guards (some do), and I’ve never seen a metal detector in a hospital.

2 Likes

I get your theory here, in particular if it can be used as a lever to get the law adjusted to get US LAW ABIDING CITIZENS our rights restored, but this…

is ridiculous. For the most part, hospitals are not an optional destination - I’m going there because I really don’t have another choice, so I can’t pick a gun friendly environment instead. Given that’s the case, I’m not seeing that disarming on-duty uniformed officers is an advantage to my safety. “run and hide like the rest of us” is not an improvement in my safety.

2 Likes

Hahaha! Oh, the Irony; Yes it’s about time… I hope this happens more often to Law Enforcement Officers… This way Anti-2A Liberals can swollen words this entire Double Standard wholeheartedly. Now maybe LEO’s and Government Officials someday will realize how it feels to be a “Sitting Duck” They won’t tell their Security Details Teams to disarm themselves… They realize there’s a fundamental truth about a person in power and/or your average Joe not having the right to chose to be armed for safety…

GUN FREE ZONES put people like this in harm’s way… Where was the LEO’s or this women Security Detail? Oh wait they don’t care about us… If I was this women’s family I would suit donkey off this corporation. 1) For not properly positioning several armed security guards 2) Dismantling the 2 Amendments “Right To Bear Arms” 3) I would suit the City and University all in one…
My federal attorney would love this payday…

2 Likes

It is equally as ridiculous that We The People should have to run and hide as our ONLY means of defense. Sometimes that’s not enough. And I shall add a cops life is not worth any more nor less than my own. If I can’t defend myself, they can’t either.

And, yes it is a mechanism that should be used to effect change in the gun laws. I do not believe in gun free zones, but if there are gun free zones, there should be no exemptions because I also don’t believe in Tyranny.

1 Like