Chicago expressway shootings

I read that, so far this year, there’s been 165 shootings on Chicago expressways. Most of these aren’t road rage; it’s just people driving along, minding their own business, and some a-hole shoots into their car. As few people would expect such a random attack, it seems all one can do is notice cars pulling up next to you, if you’re on a Chicago expressway. Scary.

6 Likes

I might live in Tennessee but Chicago is always home to me.

Growing up in Chicago you learn to try not to have anyone drive next to you, somewhat the same as having someone look at you more than 3 seconds. Nothing good comes out of neither 70% of the time. I still want let anyone drive next to me even here and if someone looks at me for more than 3 seconds, my hand automatically moves toward my EDC. Old habits are hard to break.

9 Likes

No problem…a “common sense” solution that will keep those bad guys on their best behavior.

4 Likes

7 Likes

If I have ever heard anything stupid, this one takes me cake. Chicago government has always been corrupt and stupid, like when Jane Burns was mayor.

2 Likes

Chicago has always had a 3 second rule in the streets

2 Likes

I left Detroit 40 years ago for the same reason—got home from work and found a bullet hole in the side of my car which hadn’t been there when I left work. Put 500 miles between us and the motor city and haven’t regretted it once.

2 Likes

Scary to think that you could be driving along, minding your own business, and some lowlife thug could randomly maim or kill you, or a loved one in your car, just because he disregards the value of human life, is bored, angry at the world, or some other effed up reason.

3 Likes