Chicago Claims Lax Gun Laws Make Atlanta Too Dangerous

The demand for the guns used for criminal use is in Chicago. Indiana is one of the sources. Thus many of the guns originating in Indiana don’t stay there.

2 Likes

My point is that they’re not coming from rural Indiana, they’re coming from certain cities, that are similar to Chicago as far as crime goes. Pantywaist judges and prosecutors are letting crime run rampant in the larger cities. Slap 'em on the wrist and let them go to recommit their special crimes.

4 Likes

I don’t think any of the data that’s been shared shows which cities are supplying the firearms used in Chicago crimes.

Again, if I had to guess, the majority are coming from the cities around Chicago (Racine, Rockford, East Chicago, Gary). That’s the easiest supply route for gangs, as well as others who might want to protect themselves from gangs but don’t have a legal way to purchase firearms in Chicago. More organized crime groups would have longer supply chains.

The data is probably out there, it just isn’t clear from the format the ATF has provided.

2 Likes

I think they’re coming from SLC😀
But seriously, if the guns recovered from crimes in Chicago, if they have been really looked at, if there is a pattern as far as what models, age of them, generation, etc. Like Cali, only certain guns are allowed on their roster. But like Chicago has really been concerned about curbing gun violence :roll_eyes:
When I spent my tenure there I knew multiple people that were mugged at either gun or knife point. One, a bartender, she was mugged and then thrown over a railing into the Chicago river.

3 Likes

Is it no surprise they’re not interested or is it that they don’t want to reconsider their position or value standard? I have met more conservative ppl willing to actually consider their point of view than I have met liberals willing to do the same.

3 Likes

I know, lets put up street lights and plant some pretty flowers to change the atmosphere of the area. Then they won’t want to be violent. Oh pls, criminals are going to criminal. Unless the person changes inside, their value beliefs; they’re going to find ways to continue their crimes no matter the laws.

3 Likes

A couple of points to look at here:

It seems to me that the vast majority of the armed people in Chicago are the criminals. I’m not from there but it sounds like most of the efforts to restrict guns there focus on keeping law abiding citizens from possessing and carrying them. Little to no effort seems to go into keeping the firearms out of the hands of criminals and in many cases those violent criminals who commit crimes with firearms are released back onto the streets to continue their crime sprees.

As others have pointed out. If easy access to firearms was the cause of violent crime we should expect to see considerably more crime in States and cities with “lax” gun laws. But more often than not the reverse is true with “lax” gun law areas having significantly lower violent crime rates.

5 Likes

Guns wouldn’t be the cause of the violence, they’re just a tool used by criminals. Like any other tool it can be used for good or bad. As i said in an earlier post, the problems are deep and complex. Guns aren’t causing the problems, they’re just being used to make them worse.

5 Likes

I BLEAVE THAT every one that can legally own a fine arm should be able to carry it. I BLEAVE that if you own a fire arm and you lose it you are responsible for what is done with that fire arm and if you kill INACENT people you should be killed on YOUTUBE FOR THE ENTIRE WORLD TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU WANT TO SURVE THE DEVIL EYE FOR A N EYE :latin_cross::chile::us: :100::100::100:. Bobby Jean Amen

Attack the gang problem not the gun problem!

6 Likes

Chicago truly has a horrible rate of crime, however that crime is far more closely related to a lack of enforcement, catch and release, and an overall lack of respect for fellow human beings than it is with ANY firearm “laws”. By you’re thinking, those states with the highest number of legally armed citizens “should” be the most dangerous places to live, sorry Charlie but that just isn’t so. Statistics will show you that those places with high numbers of legally armed citizens have the lowest rates in the country, not the highest.

Read a study a couple months back that stated that the US had the 4th highest rate of firearm homicides in the world. Funny thing was, when you took Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC, and New Orleans OUT of the equation the USA dropped to third from the BOTTOM of the same list! Note that all 4 of these places have enjoyed decades of Democratic Party rule and are “protected” by some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country. Say what you will, but until and unless the punishment for a crime offsets any potential benefit from committing the crime, crime will continue. Publicly hanging a few of these animals just might make some of the others wake up. We shoot a rabid dog to keep him from harming people-and the poor dog had no choice in his decision, yet some two legged animal who kills or grievously injures others get slapped on the wrist and turned loose (or even worse, somehow becomes “the victim”. Time to wake up America.

6 Likes

you are absolutely correct with what you stated. now if our country and the city’s that dem hell holes. if they would only make the punishment stick and not do catch and release on the criminals.
I realize I might catch hell for saying this. but, your punishment should be equal if not more than the gun crime, any crime for that matter. an be carried out within 24 hours. for example if you murder someone, then your punishment should be a firing squad.
again I will stress that only if there is absolutely no doubt.
I think if we return to the ways they used to in do it like in the starting of our country. we would have a lot less gun crimes. IMHO

1 Like

LOL you claimed the firearms came from places with fewer restrictions. Since Chicago is part of Illinois, it has the same firearm laws.

1 Like

GUNS DO NOT KILL PEOPLE PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE AND THEY DO NOT WORK WITH OUT PEOPLE GOOD OR BAD PEOPLE SO EVERY ONE PEOPLE ARE THE PROBLEM NOT GUNS. KAZ GUN NEVER DID ANYTHING I HAVE NEVER EVER SEEN A GUN SHOOT ANY ONE ALL THE GUNS THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN OR HAVE CAN NOT HURT YOU :bangbang: Just Like A VEHICLE :red_car: CAN NOT DRIVE ITS SELF BOBBY JEAN :us:

2 Likes

BANDED THE PEOPLE THAT ARE SO STUPID THAT THEY BLAME GUNS NOT PEOPLE FOR ALL THE SHOOTINGS KAZ GUNS CAN NOT HURT OR KILL ANYONE OR THING EVEN I KNOW THAT Bobby Jean :us::chile::100::100::100::100:

1 Like