Chest Rig/Holster

I have an XDM also in .45.

2 Likes

Oh, just FMJ ā€¦ Or what ever is at hand. I can also go on about FMJ or Hollow, But not appropriate. Now I donā€™t want to take this thread sideways from the OP Johnnyq60ā€™s Post. I was just stating that AT CAMP or CAMPINGā€¦ I find a Chest Rig to be quite handy and unobtrusive.

2 Likes

I also have an XDS in .45ā€¦ Both Stainless Slidesā€¦ Dig emā€¦

2 Likes

Threads go where they go. Anyways I was considering these from Underwood.

.45 ACP +P 255gr. Flat Nose Hi-Tek Coated Hard Cast Hunting Ammo

TECHNICAL INFORMATION

• SKU : 727
  • Cartridge : .45 ACP +P
  • Bullet Brand : Underwood Ammoā„¢
  • Bullet Weight (gr) : 255
  • Bullet Construction : Hi-Tek Coated Hard Cast
  • Bullet Model : Flat Nose
  • Bullet Material : Lead
  • Brinell Hardness : 21
  • Case Type : Nickel Plated Brass
  • Supressor Safe : Yes

BALLISTICS INFORMATION

• Muzzle Energy (ft. lbs) : 485
  • Muzzle Velocity (fps) : 925
  • Sectional Density : 0.180

$26.99

4 Likes

Ouch, Get ya some! Gonna look into that! I might consider them as wellā€¦ Just for the taskā€¦ Running into a Beast. 485 ft. lbs of Energy. Thatā€™s Right!
Seriously though, and keeping to the OPs interest in a Chest Rigā€¦ I find them really handy, and unobtrusive. Itā€™s definitely the ā€œall day attireā€ for me while camping and working in shorts and a t-shirt in the Woods.
Considerationsā€¦ One is attacked, One drops said Bear onto oneself. One does not want to be underneath thatā€¦
We can Prepare to the Gillsā€¦ Prepareā€¦ Enjoyā€¦ And hope for a good day!
I got three ding-dong Grand Kids I am trying to get schooled in thisā€¦ That alone is a PITAā€¦
Chest Rig :: Not an EDC thing for me, though I can see it being handy for that too.
Iā€™ll post a pic of mine. itā€™s not like yours Bruce but kinda like the OPs YT postā€¦
johnnyq60, get one. Iā€™m telling ya they are very handy, Get one for the Procedure / Purpose that you need one. I donā€™t have a Chest Rig for my P320 RXP-XCompact, or the Redhawk Wheel Gun,
That might be niceā€¦ But I do run a Chest Rig that holds something that might give me the best outcome while in the moment of being attacked by an animal.

2 Likes

That is what I was considering them for also, large Black bear and Cougar. :us

1 Like

Perfectā€¦ And I donā€™t want to run into either being an old Fart but we donā€™t have much Cougars up here other than Bar Fliesā€¦ Oh, that was badā€¦ That was badā€¦ Apologiesā€¦
But Mountain Lionsā€¦ Abundantā€¦ They treat one like a Foil Ballā€¦ We try to ā€œTreeā€ themā€¦ Dogs and Pistolsā€¦ Anyhowā€¦ Another good use for the XDM and 1987 Redhawk .44 mag 7.5 SS, :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am looking into getting one just to walk around the house with it. Maybe work with it in the winter for concealed carry.

4 Likes

While with my unit in 64/65 carried a 1911 in a chest rig and when Discharged in 65 the first thing I did was buy a 1911 and then started using a deep cover chest rig and carrying 2 extra mage, and my carry ammo are Dynamic Research Technologies 150 gr Hp,or called DRT rounds or Dead Right There Frangible Rounds and perform and normal as long as it dosenā€™t penetrate anything with liquid round with liquid then explodes and on contact

1 Like

I just ordered a chest holster from Alien gear and I should have it this week. Looking forward to try it on and photos to follow.

3 Likes

Just arrived in the mail today and Iā€™m already loving it.

10 Likes

Thank you brother @Jonathan9 :+1: :+1:

A Stack-On safe! How many does it hold? I was looking into getting one, but Iā€™ve read mixed reviews on them, so I wasnā€™t sure

2 Likes

For people who have a multitude of guns it may not work. I have nine pistols and one A.R. and they fit in the safe just fine. I also have some ammo stored in there about 800 rounds. If you have more guns then that I will go with a stronger safe. I have no children at home so it works for me and itā€™s locked in my locked office. I only paid $200 for it at Field & Stream.

4 Likes

I would have liked to have something like this when I rode my motorcycle. Not sure Iā€™d consider it for anything else unless I needed good clearance on my hips. I can see a niche for it, but where that muzzle is pointed concerns me. The fact that the trigger is completely covered is good, but donā€™t get any clothing caught in the trigger during reholster.

3 Likes

When I get a pistol for deer hunting Iā€™m probably picking that holster as well.

4 Likes

Itā€™s a comfortable holster @PossumSlayer1 .

4 Likes

It depends on your needs.
I bought the cheapest (about $130) assembly required modelā€”could be out of production already, that was a ā€œCalifornia-approved Firearm Safety Device that meets the requirements of Penal Code section 23655 and the regulations issued thereunder.ā€

1 Like

I ride and being a lefty, I prefer cross draw IWB at 1pm, or appendix for righties. Same issue with where muzzle is pointed.
But, chest rig might work better for me.

1 Like

Sitting in a deer stand and climbing up and down with that rig would be a breeze!

4 Likes