Charlotte trying to be Chicago

It is a common pitfall to confuse the nature and intent of the Lord with the evil that men visit on each other. Even the actions of fellow church members can damage one’s personal relationship with the Lord. This happened to me.

A church is a building filled with sinners. A believer must not confuse the will of people and the will of God.

Still, it infuriates me to hear or see a Christian being judgemental and/or holier-than-thou with other believers. People like that can cause so much damage to other’s hearts.

Sorry to get off topic everyone. Back to Charlotte. It used to be a real fun city back in the day.

1 Like

Very well said Virgil

2 Likes

What happened is it was wrong. Just another BS rationalization telling lazy, uninvolved parents that their selfish, spoiled, entitled, ignorant, criminal, out-of-control child is everybody else’s fault. What it takes to raise a child is parents (yes, two of them) who pay attention and give a sh!t about where they and what they do and who they spend time with. Parents who say “no” or “yes” and make it stick, who don’t give in to tantrums, and who take their time to actually raise their kids instead of letting the schools and the streets and the entertainment industry do it for them.

Look at the “village” we have now. Schools that lower the standards just so the testing scores don’t drop, law enforcement afraid to do their jobs, courts letting career criminals run wild, victims with no rights at all, etc., etc., etc., etc. If I were raising a child these days, I wouldn’t let them anywhere near that hellscape of a village.

5 Likes

PS: topics were made to get off of. I’ve learned some things from this
Website regarding religion ( and a few other things )

• respect other peoples religion or faith.
  • understanding and appreciating peoples blessings.
    So I can say I’ve Learned a thing or three. I do find it very offensive for people to apply there religion or beliefs on other people.
    PS: although we use the word ( GOD ) a lot, it has many different meanings. I still firmly Believe this website is no place for a religion, based on the fact that it is a hot button.

Vai in pease fratelli

1 Like

You took the word right out of my mouth

In general I will agree with you. But there is one peaceful religion we know of where it’s followers demand respect but never give any in return. If you say anything against it, they will try and want to kill you. It’s followers flew airplanes into buildings in NYC.

If you want respect from, you better show me some respect first. Calling me on my home phone saying you will kill me wont get you any respect from me.

Did I call you❓
That couldn’t have been you on the phone.
Must take you off my speed dial list.

2 Likes

First you tell me I have to respect people that carry plastic (toy) guns and now you say I have to respect peoples religious beliefs? Next thing you know you’ll be asking me to have manners.

2 Likes

only respect those that respect your beliefs. I know its a bitch.

Still working toward competing with Chicago…love my city.

One block from where Karen Baker was killed last week.

I find, the older I get, the more I read and the more I see the less I respect most people.

2 Likes

Fun and games here.

And the hits just keep on coming.

For such a small city, we sure are trying to compete at the top level on violence.

I had a long philosophical discussion with some peers, recently, regarding how to deal with murderers. Are murderers a result of mental disorders, circumstances, poverty, lawlessness, environment, etc.? What can we do to prevent and reform those with no regard for human life?

The uncomfortable conclusion we came to is that all humans are capable of murder. Most of us choose not to, either due to moral beliefs, or simply because we don’t want to go to jail. (See the various models of moral hierarchy, such as Kohlberg’s stages of moral development.) But murderers aren’t a different species, they are the worst examples of what each of us could be.

3 Likes

Maybe so, but I feel higher forms have learned/adapted/evolved to supress these primal attributes.

Most of us do. Otherwise, the homocide rate would hover around 100%.
But I think that most people are capable of it. It’s the old confusion between kindness and weakness.

Wish that were true. Watch almost any episode Of 48 Hours and similar shows and you’ll find education doesn’t really mean too much except they think I’m too smart to be caught.

3 Likes

something to consider… for all…

the basic laws and such of this nation at it’s founding were based on Christian beliefs…

That Moses is depicted on a building in D.C. but they try now to claim otherwise… says a lot…

many of us posting here were brought up in what WAS a Christianized culture…

the basic beliefs many of us still seem to hold to are Christian in origin…

don’t believe me? go to some other countries and watch people and how they act…

and what they do to others… the middle east is a good example… as is some areas of east Asia…

that in so many ways has changed here in our nation… and it does not seem for the better

and FYI… I am not saying our nation is a Christian nation…

just pointing out the cultural system that it at one time had…

we got this in our schools and elsewhere… and in many movies of the past…

as the man said the Constitution is for a moral people… (read here Christian beliefs at it’s base)

and the legal system based on such PUNISHED those that did evil… harshly… but now…

with some folks paying to put people in our legal system that ignore evil and even reward it…

what do you expect???

some states refuse to allow an atheist to hold public office even now???

IMHO that wasn’t because they were atheist so much as the beliefs such people often held…

NOTE: is some countries it is very moral to kill your own children if the stray from the doctrine…

IIRC they call it Honor killing???

I could go on for some time… but pretty much said my piece…

1 Like

Just saw a news story talking about how the military isn’t going to meet its recruiting goal this year. One reason that was given that the military has gone woke. To prove it, they showed an animated recruiting ad showing two women living together talking about life’s challenges, climbing a rope and some other personal challenges. Never shows her in a uniform or doing any military duties.

Kids don’t say the Pledge of Allegiance anymore. This has been planned for a long time. The draft is coming back.

The military has enough problems without filling the ranks with 18-year-olds who were involuntarily drafted. Moan all you want about today’s military, but it’s filled with people who chose to serve.