Central Alabama check in

I am a Board Member of Brock’s Gap Training Center (in Hoover). We offer a LOT of great competitive shooting matches and training… and we are taking new members. Y’all come shoot with us and check it out sometime!

3 Likes

How do you get in touch with your facility @Beth, been trying but haven’t been able to get current information on Brock’s Gap (may mean I am bad at Google Fu). Been trying because I am interested in getting back into IDPA.

@Zavier_D The website is: http://www.brocksgap.com/ (You can find a calendar of events and information on membership and such, there!)

1 Like

@Beth You are the best ma’am.

Auburn check in. New to the USCCA but far from new to the CCW world.

1 Like

Welcome James!

@James630

I live up in Birmingham. Shoot me a private message and we can do some recoil therapy, and lunch.

Talladega has an outstanding range if you like long range shooting but I am pretty much down to go anywhere.

Living in Tuscaloosa, have 2 other homes in state Gulf Shores and a place outside Montgomery called Fitzpatrick. Auburn and Irondale are family home towns (parents) but grew up in a military family. Worried my wife will bury in Tuscaloosa and I will have to hear ‘Roll Tide’ through out eternity. WAR EAGLE!

hello. sort of a noob to handguns & such; it’s been some time since I’ve owned one.
I’m getting back into it, and the wife is new to it.
so just call us both noobs & be done with it.
we’re in the Bham metro.

I know this thread is old, but I’m gonna try to check out the forum more here, and thought I’d say Hi here.

I’m from just north of Birmingham, be glad to answer any questions I can. Or go do some shooting. Hoover Tactical is where I do pistol shooting. I do long range shooting up at Talladega Civilian Marksmanship Park. World class range. Send me a reply or private message if you want to chat.

1 Like

cool. we could do that. I’m trying to get the wife over to the Hoover Tac range this weekend.
she mentioned not long ago some interest in an AR before they all get outlawed, etc. to her, a basic pre-req is to try one out, which does make sense. (but given current climes, pricing, supply & demand and all that - I don’t think we could go wrong grabbing one now & then go try out ours. but anyway…) so gonna try to get her over there over the weekend so I can close the deal & start stockpiling 5.56/.223 ammo.

I have a couple of AR-15’s that I could bring for her to try. Plus a membership. If you want to meet just tell me when.

2 Likes

Checking in from Huntsville AL.

Welcome! I live in cullman. Good to have you here.

1 Like

Checking in from the Athens area…

1 Like

Checking in from Limestone County…

/wave from central Alabama.