CCW while masked in the time of covid19

Welcome to the Community @Jeffrey83. I would like to agree with you and agree on a personal level. There are enough opinions on both sides of the medical aisle that agree and disagree with us. Someday, I hope we will know what really should have been done and we learn from this experience, but, with diametrically opposing views from many equally credentialed “experts” the question becomes what is the prudent response. With the economy reopening, I would rather proceed with some relatively benign restrictions then see the economy brought to its knees again.
However, we have several opinions out of the Kentucky federal courts, both the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky and the Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, that have allowed churches to proceed with in-person services so long as methods prescribed by the CDC and/or state governments were otherwise being followed.
The US Supreme Court , on May 29, denied review of California’s ban on in person church services.
While people may look back on this in 50 years and say it was ridiculous or wrong, just like internment of Americans of Japanese descent during WWII, only time will tell.
Below is a link to another thread that I responded to with respect to the Tenth Amendment and the “Police Power” held by the states to enact laws for the general health and welfare of the people.

1 Like