CCW Permit Car Magnet?

It’s for all the “egomaniacs” in the gun world. You know, they’re also the same clowns that insist on open carry that screams “look at me, look at me, aren’t I cool”. It ranks right up there with those fools that buy those hokey CWP fake cop badges… I would be willing to bet that people that put a magnet that reads “Armed” on their rear bumper, get their car broken into on a regular basis. Lmfao…

3 Likes

My “grey man” philosophy limits the attention I want to draw to myself. I have no bumper stickers or magnets on my car, except for the required parking sticker for the college at which I teach.

I similarly keep everything inside my car under cover, except my garbage bag.

4 Likes

Why coddle the police, they are supposed to be professionals. They usually know before they approach your car that you are armed-- many states attach it to your car’s tags and if you notify them as soon as they reach your window there should be no problem… I’m for informing the officer even if I don’t have to.
I already know part of the answer-- so YOU don’t end up shot-- but that’s just poor training, or cowardice on the part of the officer. NOW LET ME SAY THIS: when I was a cop in the mid-70s I had a 6 shot revolver, 6 rounds in my pocket, no body armor, only a car radio and handcuffs, help 20+ minutes away… and I never worried about the person I was in contact with- I don’t think cops today could or would do that… it seems cops today want to escalate things so they can have a felony arrest…

2 Likes

Reminds me… a few years back there seemed to be a push (by vendors) to buy CCW badges… they looked like real police badges and I remember a lawyer saying that that was a fast way to get arrested for impersonating an officer… I’ll just keep my “accessory” a secret and hope I never have to use it. I don’t know that a magnet would make an officer feel any safer, it would only serve to announce you to the bad guys.

6 Likes

Michigan is the same.

3 Likes

I would never advertise. Just increases the chances of you being robbed or targeted.

Be the grey man.

3 Likes