CC with no ass!

For a South paws it’s behind the left hip. For the rest of you it’s behind your right hip. Since we’ve been left-handed all of our lives we just kind of translate right-handed carry positions to the other side naturally. Sometimes we even use the same lingo as you guys but our brains just shove it to the other side. If you tell me you carry it 4:00 behind your right hip my brain just says shove it to the other side.

5 Likes

Left handed people are often dyslexic :slight_smile:

1 Like

:joy: and since this older lefties for sometimes tried to be converted by righty’s in the old days, we were great switch hitters! It’s no wonder we were confused. To this day I still write and work left-handed shoot left-handed bowl left-handed shoot pool left-handed but played basketball and baseball in high school right-handed. Played tennis left-handed. God’s society really confused Us by trying to switch us to right handed! So if we confuse you all now I guess it’s just quid pro quo! :joy: :rofl:

4 Likes

According to scientists, we left handed people are the only ones in our right minds.

7 Likes

Try cross draw with a sticky holster or possibly better go with a good belly band.

Another option is one I can’t remember what it is called but it’s essentially a two pocket pouch that goes around your waist and is positioned in the crotch.

Aha, here you go -

2 Likes

The one thing I see is the takeaway of this thread is that everyone finds what they like and works for them. Lots of concepts to consider if you’re still struggling to carry with no ass! Well I usually carry a hellcat as everyone knows by now, I also carry from time to time my Kimber 1911 with 4-in barrel. And on rare occasion pocket carry a sig 238. My p938 is the district runner up to the above carry options I have. While I made a considerable investment in four custom holsters they are all of the exact same design for each individual firearm. For me that was worth it. I carry daily, I carry comfortably, and I carry all the way up to my Kimber in pistol size. The difference for me to be able to carry and comfort is the difference between, man I don’t want to deal with it today, to carrying every day.

2 Likes

Well… Damn. I thought that was a toothbrush.

1 Like

I have lived in Las Vegas for the last 30 years. I’m now 80 :frowning: I can accurately admit that “I lost my ass in Las Vegas”. :slight_smile:

Too much in front and not enough in the rear. Nothing is comfortable anymore and it isn’t likely to get any better. Oh well. I carry an S&W Bodyguard. My ‘Ankle Bitter’ works and my bellyband is ok. I can tighten or loosen the bellyband as needed.

2 Likes

1 Like

Right on. I started wearing suspenders a lot of the time a few years ago.

2 Likes

[quote=“ShooterRick, post:1, topic:89083, full:true”]
Yeah I know guys it’s hilarious! When you’ve gotten so old that from behind, you look like a bullfrog that’s been stood up on his hind legs, it can be problematic. When the butt of your firearm (pun intended) at 4:00 if your left handed, or farther back sticks out more than your own? Appendix carry gets to be uncomfortable for me now and if you got a little extra real estate up front that can be exaggerated, so what do I do?

Well start out with a quality holster, a quality belt with a ratchet buckle, so you can cinch that baby down! Then if you sit or get too uncomfortable you can always push a button and get a little relief. Then the only place for me to carry is 3:30. It is the only place that allows the butt of the firearm to tuck into my body comfortably and not print too much. Other than that when I have to because of clothing I’ll pocket carry again and a good holster.

Shoulder holster just does not work for me. I can’t find a way to not flag someone when drawing standing to the side and I’d have to change my attire which I’m not willing to do. So to all my brothers with no ass this is my solution for me. But in hindsight, (double pun pun) we each figure these things o

4 Likes

I use a holster that’s been called a sneaky peat . It looks like a large phone case but it fits my sig p365 LX fine.it has a cover that covers the pistol like a phone

3 Likes

I’ve been tempted on those. It appears though they will not accommodate an optic.

1 Like

When I was younger, all I carried was a knife. I always wondered why I would see older guys wear a belt with suspenders, now that my EDC includes a firearm I can understand. The belt doesn’t ride my hip bone and my pants don’t sag.

2 Likes

There are shoulder rigs that offer “barrel straight down” carry. This will help, with practice, flagging. There are also several companies offering ventilated pads that go between you and your holster. Also, avoid having your holster directly against your hide: a sleeveless undershirt helps avoid friction and absorbs excess moisture. Reducing the overall weight of your rig usually helps, but could mean buying a new firearm.

2 Likes

I have a Sneaky Pete that says “Holy Bible” on the cover flap.

4 Likes

Your post resonated with me, in that, I remember in CCL CCW permit class, a few of the new students were not sure how or where to “carry” on their person.

I realize body shape is a major factor, one size does not fill all; And that’s ok, as there are some good options out there. :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Then this really begs the question, *where did all the asses go? *

I’ll bet Washington, DC.

5 Likes

I am the typical almost Senior Citizen with a Dad-Bod, so I feel all the pain everyone else on the thread does. My EDC is a full-sized Beretta 92A1 and it DOES NOT conceal very well to start with. I carry at the 3:30 position, right side, in an Alien Gear holster. I do have to cinch my belt up a bit tighter to keep the pistol from sagging, but that is why there are so many holes in the belt.

2 Likes

I carry a full size gun at 3:30 IWB. It is the most comfortable position for my expanding middle. I don’t worry too much about printing because I honestly think 99 percent of the people around me aren’t looking anyway. My state also has legal open carry, so if anyone pointed out they could see the butt of my gun, I’d just tuck my shirt in behind it and say “Is that better?”

4 Likes