CC IL question

The ISRA is currently suing the ISP over the FOID delays. The 90 day limit on FOID / CCL and the 72 hour limit on background checks are being violated. I just completed a background check and it took 5 days (the average is approx 10 days) , the dealer said that even though the law stated 72 hours they were told they would be liable if they released a gun that had a denied check after the 72 hours… others can’t get a FFL to transfer a gun to an expired FOID card even though the ISP said that the old cards were still good as long as the renewal had been filed before the expiration. IL has effectively banned the 2nd amendment with all of the delays and the safety net language added to the laws to prevent these delays is not being honored.

I feel you. In IL, I was more than “lucky” that I received my CCL before the 2020 pandemic struck, and its related delays. Who knew? I regretted not doing the prints when I applied. Post 120 days, no CCL yet. So I did the prints, added them to the online ap later, and received my CCL soon after; But then again, that was pre-Covid. Best to you.

1 Like

Thanks, Burdo. Happy for you.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, Greg. This past Friday, I contact the attorney who filed the lawsuit and am awaiting his opinion.

1 Like

I was able to move my class to this past weekend. I did pass the class both the written and the shooting test. We ran a few drills before the shooting test, we shot one handed both dominant and weak hand. I filed the application, now I am just hoping to see something by christmas but we’ll see

4 Likes

That would be great Christmas gift :gift:
… hopefully not 2021… :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Good for you Juan13. Received my CCL only 8 months ago. I’m still amazed of more delays from the pandemic, but believe there is desire for things to return to the norm, so hopefully you’ll receive it within the 120 days. A tremendous privilege and responsibility. Meanwhile, enjoy your life-style preparations and planning.

1 Like

The last I checked, the IL ISP website was saying 120 days for CCLs.
I applied and paid for mine in mid-April and they took 119 days to approve it, and I received it about a week after that.

A friend applied and paid in February and it took the state of IL until early September to send his to him. I believe he had a change of address complication in there, however.