CC Courtesy

Today I’m wearing the Urban Carry G3 at work with shirt tucked in and no blazer. check it out if you haven’t already.

4 Likes

Not only do most people not pay attention, now you have doubt to throw up. It might be an insulin pump.

Of course, it might not be, but no reason to go into that.

4 Likes

@Mark173

I bought one for my Glock 30 and I can’t get the trigger guard to engage. It’s soft as butter but I can not get it to engage trigger guard and I am not willing to carry without the trigger guard engaged

2 Likes

My sentiment within all legal constraints is simple. CCW means concealed carry weapon. I live in a technically open carry state ,with some of the most restrictive gun laws in the union.

An issued CCW here means no one knows your armed(period). In classes they will tell you to tell no one,to limit all negative possibilities ( regardless of where you live).

In this state if you are carrying and let’s say you “print” (the ability for someone else to see you are carrying,by the outline in your clothing) ,or you went to the store reached for something high on a shelf and a customer saw a handle etc.
It is considered brandishing,and you could get locked up.

Long story short. CCW means concealed carry weapon ( no one is supposed to know,and we do everything to honor that particular thought).

Besides everything that happens with this particular tool is my responsibility,use,what others do and do not see,my control and judgement etc. No matter what ,it is all on me. So you will never know. Same ole same ole." I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six" but you’ll have to go aways to put me in the chair to be judged!!.:laughing::laughing::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::laughing::laughing::laughing:

4 Likes

I want one of those signs. Typically I will not give business to an establishment that has those signs, that includes a doctor office, probably why I won’t get a physical and haven’t got one in 10 years.

4 Likes

I just got my ccw permit, I don’t know I must not have believed I needed one but after being brutally attacked last year February 7th, over my dating preferences and I threw one guy out for telling me he was younger than he actually was, he had me set up to be beaten and left for dead, and to make it look like a robbery, so I decided to take the classes and get the permit. Now I carry all the time and the ONLY person who knows is my current boyfriend, and he was against it at first, but he now is taking gun safety classes and taking the ccw class to get his permit as well. I also told him to never tell anyone and concealed means concealed. Living in Chicago and working in the loop it is almost a requirement now days

11 Likes

@Brian110

Good for you.

2 Likes

Nope, I never tell anyone I’m carrying or ask their permission. Don’t ask, don’t tell. It is concealed carry, after all.

6 Likes

My whole family and close group of friends know I carry. So no, I don’t. But if they didn’t know I would ask just to be safe. Also check the state laws to be sure

2 Likes

My family knows I am carrying most of the time I don’t tell anyone else (that is why it is called concealed carry), but most of my friends know. It is just not an issue in my world.

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about your horrific attack last year, @Brian110! I hope you recovered quickly and completely!

We’re glad to have you here!

4 Likes

Thanks Dawn, I recovered ok and feel so much safer now that I have my Ruger LCP .380

7 Likes

I always let friends and family know that I’m Armed . My family is ok with it but I have friends that’s not so I respect them and And there home I don’t Carry my weapon in there home that’s just respect and I think it’s the best way to handle that .

4 Likes

I’ve thought a lot about this, since I live in a pretty liberal city and have many friends that are not supportive of 2A as I am (and I am 100%). If I am popping in & out of someone’s home, I will generally not address the fact that I am carrying. However, if I am going to spend hours at someone’s home & I have any doubt whether they would be comfortable with me CC, I either leave my firearm home (or locked up properly in my car) or would talk to them about it beforehand. I think it’s respectful of their home and their right to determine who & what enters their home. I would appreciate the same respect if someone was planning to bring something into my home that I did not like or support.

6 Likes

@Gary18 Welcome to the community. :grinning:

1 Like

@Pedro1 Welcome to the community. :grinning:

2 Likes

Welcome to the community!

I too strongly support 2A and I also respect the wishes of a host where I will be a guest and I would appreciate the same.

2 Likes

Welcome Gary!

1 Like

Seems real simple to me. Define the word “Concealed” and allow the definition dictate your actions, i.e., tool selection, choice of apparrel, conversation and conscience. Easy breezy!

2 Likes

All my family and circle of friends, feel the same as I do about our right to keep and bear arms, and most all of my family is gonna be armed, along with me, whenever you see them. Therefore, not really an issue.

2 Likes