Carry an extra or don't carry an extra mag, that's the question

Always. Extra mag on my person, another two in my vehicle center console as well as a box of 50 extra rounds.

2 Likes

Agreed but should not and will not are two different things.

2 Likes

Agree 100 percent also @Jason137

1 Like

Not at all @Jason137, the prosecutor will throw everything at you. Having a spare mag will make no difference. It could be argued that you had a lollipop in your mouth, why didnā€™t you just hit them on the head with that instead???

I have my extra mag on my side all the time. I have an urban mag and rural mag. The urban mag has regular SD rounds , the rural, the first 2 rounds are the CCI snake shot rounds

3 Likes

Thanks for the input guys. I think a spare mag is about to become part of what I carry. Even if only one round is fired, any and everything will be questioned but if I have to fire 20+, and I live, thatā€™s a win.

4 Likes

You do know, revolvers can fail. And it takes a lot more than a spare mag to get them back up and shooting. :grinning:

2 Likes

I do but I have been shooting revolvers for years and have had no significant problems. On the other hand semi-autos are a pain in the taboo! You may be a ā€œSprayerā€ wanting three mags with 15 rds each.

Sprayer? What do you mean?

2 Likes

Spray and pray- Pull the trigger nonstop, in a wide motion, not aiming for anything, and pray you hit something.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a question that I wanted to ask someone, and would you still carry extra even if you had double stack

2 Likes

Never leave the house without extra ammo. My carry is a Springfield 45xds. Single stack,so extra mags are essential to me.

2 Likes

Sprayer what do you mean?

1 Like

Yes my M&P 2.0 subcompact is double stack and I carry an extra mag with it.

1 Like

Welcome to the family and god bless you.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m figuring he means but he has not responded yet. :+1::+1:

1 Like

Yes. Magazine failures can happen, and humans can hit the mag release instead of the slide releaseā€¦ I donā€™t mind having extra ammo, but I really carry the extra mag in case their is some type of failure, that can be fixed faster with a fresh mag.

4 Likes

SPRAYER DEFINITION: To spray an an area with rounds hoping to hit something.

2 Likes

To spray an area with rounds hoping to hit something!

2 Likes

@Larry115 Are you saying Iā€™m a sprayer?

1 Like

No not really but a lot of people are

3 Likes