Can't Use 9mm bullets

I am a new gun owner and I recently bought Hornady HAP .355 Diameter 115 Grain bullets - 500 each and Hornady HAP .356 Diameter 125 Grain bullets - 500 each. I was so eager when I saw it was available on Primary Arms website and didn’t read the description properly. When I received them, I felt really stupid when I opened the box since they are just the bullets. I checked with local gun stores and they will not buy them which I understand. I don’t know how to reload and the gun shops did not know of any local gun owners who reload ammo. If anyone can give me some ideas on what to do with them, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

2 Likes

List them on Armslist.com for sale locally and I can guarantee you someone will buy them for what you paid or even a small profit to you. There is a HUGE shortage of components going on right now and 9mm bullets are in short supply. You will make a local reloaded very happy. You can also list them on Gunbroker.com for a wider audience but mind the shipping costs. Shipping lead is not usually cheap. Flat rate Priority boxes are a viable way of dealing with this.

And don’t feel stupid about this. Many people don’t know there is a difference. I spend time during the classes I tech to new gun owners explaining the difference and the individual components of a round of ammo because this is quite common.

4 Likes

You can list them on Gunbroker.com or Armslist.com.

1 Like

Thank you very much!!

1 Like

Not a problem. Happens. Bullets and Cartridges… :smiley: Or Ammunition.
Where are you located?

1 Like

Thank you very much!

1 Like

San Antonio, Texas

1 Like

You are much welcome. Hey if I wasn’t flush with ammo and components right now I’d buy them off you myself :laughing:

1 Like

@Fizbin is in your area. It’s possible he might know someone in need. @TexasEskimo as well. He’s up near Dallas/Fort Worth somewhere.

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

I’m thinking since you have boolits … another $3 - 500 and a little time you will have 1000 rounds of custom made ammo.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

How much do you want for them?

1 Like

I have five people interested in them. I’ll let you know if they don’t buy them.

Thanks
Noel

2 Likes

Over time you will get to know shooters that reload. May not come in handy for your current situation, but it will later. I don’t reload all of my calibers, but it’s fun to have friends over to help them out.

1 Like

Thanks
Noel

1 Like

Don’t feel bad, many newbies make the same mistake.
At least twice a week I see the same 3 boxes of .38 Super HP come up to the counter. People see it and think it’s .38+P. Worst part is I had to educate the new “Kids” on the difference. I’ve also been asked more than once the difference between .44 Mag & .44 Remington Mag.
Last week I even had one guy ask why if .38 and .357 have the same size bullet, why won’t a .357 fit into a .38? Then there was the guy who asked if we had any 9mm Kurz, and if it would shoot in his Glock 19? And if 9mm Makarov and 9mm Luger is the same?
So just consider your mistake as a learning experience that led you to knowing how to navigate Gunbroker.com.

BTW… .38 Super is a semi-auto round. It won’t chamber in a .38 revolver.

1 Like

I really appreciate your comments. It is definitely a learning experience for me.

Thanks
Noel

1 Like