Can this be done? What are your thoughts?

#1, it’s just wrong to assume that you know how I think about anything, Especially the safety of our little nuggets of gold (our children). How dare you compare me as a trained law abiding gun owner that works very hard to follow each law as it’s writen, to a criminal that doesn’t care about not only the laws, but they also don’t care about you.
#2 Please educate yourself before making a statement, as a law abiding citizen, I don’t have to give you an excuse or a reason as to why I would want an AR-15, but if you insist on a reason, that it’s because, I want one, PERIOD, if I should break the law and loose my right to bear arms, then I would expect to give up all of my arms, but until that day, it’s my right to own whatever I want.
#3 Arming the staff at a school is a very entailed proposition, if they choose to do so, they need to train regularly, they need to qualify in many different areas of tactical training, undercover personnel in plain cloths can be assigned to schools, and they need to be qualified as well. If a threat enters a school, the teacher that is carrying should have a plan to protect their class and the classes on either side of theirs, we have gun free zones now, they don’t work, we have tried it your way long enough, it’s time to take action to protect the innocents of our children. How do you propose to stop these senseless shootings? Now that you have heard my idea,what’s yours?

I wrote this as if I were talking to lefty, I didn’t want Kelly to think I was speaking directly to her, I have many different ways to speak to lefty, these are the ones that pop into my head right now. God bless. :sunglasses::us:

2 Likes

Let me paint a picture…I just woke up and the coffee is still brewing. @Steve-G “Why are you yelling at me?!” :sob: waiting for the hamster to jump back on the wheel. click, click “oh! Silly me! You were answering the questions!” Haha! :rofl: :crazy_face: :coffee:

Anyways, nice response Steve! And thanks for the laugh this morning!

3 Likes

When it comes to educating people, I do so politely, but also worry that they might get crazier ideas. Case in point, when they start going on about AR 15s. I ask them what the problem is with people owning one, and it usually shows their lack of understanding. I point out to them that there are other semi automatic rifles out there that take the same exact caliber round as them, some even more powerful. Ruger Mini 14 comes to mind. I worry that they’ll write it down and try to ban those too!

When someone calls them “assault rifles”, I let them know it’s a made up term and that while in the Army I carried an M16 A1, capable of full auto, then the M16 A2, which had a three round burst selector. We called them, you guessed it, rifles! Hell, if we called them anything else we paid dearly for it, haha!!

1 Like

Difficult but Doable.

I have witnessed a real Governments Tyranny from 1979 - 1991 and have a lot of true stories to tell.

4 Likes

Yes ma’am, I was answering the questions as if I were speaking to someone that was asking the questions, so Kelly i apologize to you if you got the wrong idea, you made some really great points with the questions you asked,and your post seemed to be thought out and was intelligent. If you look over the last few sentences in that post,I do explain my motive for my answers. I hope my answers were accurate and some what intelligent, lefty asks a whole heap of questions that really violate our rights. I feel a lot of the problem is that most of them are intelligent folks, that’s dangerous because they think they know, yet what they e learned in their fact checks are misleading. Again Kelly, I’m so sorry you got the wrong idea, I truly apologize from me to you :two_hearts:

3 Likes

No worries @Steve-G
I’m not made of sugar! :laughing:
I did read those last few sentences. Like I mentioned before, it took me a bit to make the connections. More confused than anything. Seriously, no worries! I did laugh pretty good afterwards! And this world can always use more laughter!
I do appreciate your answers though. As well as everyone else who commented somewhere on this thread. Our community stands strong and it’s great to see everyone voice their opinion respectively.
Again, no worries! Thanks for reaching out though! :smiley: :+1:

3 Likes

This is one of my favorite to counter. Most states have Child Access Prevention Laws on the books, the problem with those laws are that prosecutors are loathe to prosecute parents because the injured/killed party is often a family member or close family friend.

The parents of a majority of mass shooters could have been prosecuted under CAP laws.

1 Like

One person at a time, just be a good ambassador and willing teacher everywhere you go.

The main reason I open carry when in the city is that it is a conversation starter, and secondarily it is also a very effective deterrent to crime.

The average person in the US simply isn’t likely to have any experience with law abiding citizens going about their daily lives wile lawfully in possession of a firearm outside of perhaps visiting a pawn shop or gun store where the owners/employees frequently carry openly.

Almost 100% of the stories in the press relating to firearms are negative so 100% of the public is used to being bombarded with negative “gun stories” which almost always relate to crime. This by it’s very nature and design creates more and more Americans who become and then remain anti gun and anti 2nd Amendment.

The more exposure they get to people they like, even respect or at a minimum have positive interactions with who they know to be carrying the better the chances of at least putting them in a “firearms/gun rights” neutral position. Once they are in the neutral mindset we have a very good chance of converting them because the facts are always on our side.

No matter how much the facts favor us, we first have to get them at least to the neutral position so that we have an opportunity to engage, educate, and eventually bring them over to our side.

It’s amazing what an effective conversation starter things are like having NRA/USCCA/2nd Amendment logo items visible can be as well and again, helps to built coalitions when people see that it’s not just “toothless ignorant, uneducated rednecks” that are members of and promote such gun rights/self defense related organizations.

1 Like

Seriously? What an idiot!

1 Like

Nicely done! Great facts and very informative!!! I tend to be long winded myself, nothing wrong with that