Camouflage/ Solid Colors

So I’ve got a mess of colors alot of OD Alice stuff, some coyote brown LBV gear, multicam pouches, even some DCU gear. Clothes I’ve kept it to multicam, woodland and DCU. I’m upgrading some gear and am curious on people’s thoughts and opinions on why they run what they do. I know camouflage is an area specific preference. But sometimes people come at it in a way you haven’t thought of.

2 Likes

Oh, you should definitely get everything in UCP. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

My camouflage of choice is Carhartt. Blends in very well in my AO. Wrangler Riggs pants work well too and are very durable. I have several backpacks (blue, black) and a fanny pack if needed. Plus I carry a sorta official looking reflective vest in the pack. It all blends in quite well.

3 Likes

@Sheepdog556 You might want to qualify the topic with the purpose. In general I like my MARPAT’s in green and tan for hunting purposes. When I was doing the long range precision competition gig I had a mish mash of various carriers, pouches and such. When it came time for a stalk I had a ghillie cape and a couple cans of various colored spray paints as well as natural veg from the local area. For walking around town I look like your average 9-5 construction worker or a nare do well sailboat owner, on rare occasions I actually look like a well groomed business man.

Cheers,

Craig6

4 Likes

I always go with black gear. That helps future proof my gear if I swap an item out.

3 Likes

Very good point, I use mine for hunting, some for hiking(more for practical purposes not camouflage), but ultimately I like everything to have as many purposes as possible so I’ve considered the bug out or in options. Not so worried about “grey man” as I only go to the city for work.

3 Likes

I always go with black gear. That helps future proof if I swap out an item.

2 Likes

I went with gear in OD, Black, and now getting Coyote together.

2 Likes

My camo is a dark sport coat, white (or light color shirt), a tie and slacks. I’m generally not trying to blend in with nature but with other professionals working in the courthouse.

8 Likes

Speaking of avoiding standing out in the wrong way or place, i have a question for the point of view of a defense attorney for a cc person. Where would be appropriate to ask it?

1 Like

If i was pressed into needing cammo, with my limited budget, I would opt for a version of the gilley suit idea where i could add elements as needed from my surroundings on to a neutral base of some kind. As i understand it, it’s to break up your outline and add visual components that appear to belong there. On a budget and in an ever changing crop environment, this was the only cost effective answer i could think of. I could use some ideas as well from more skilled people than I.

1 Like

I just had a thought about camouflage with all of the discussion in this post.

What do you think of a shirt that had “Help Wanted” on the front. Then “Apply for work here” on the back.

I was thinking I could walk down the street with all the Antifa folks and they would never see me. They would stare right through me.

1 Like

Does it work? How do you mask your scent?

2 Likes

Old Spice?

5 Likes

Super cool video from darkest fabric. Has anyone used it for anything?

2 Likes

I like the 1980s. Army Woodland Camo pattern for nighttime but must not be faded.
Or the British DPM pattern in a pinch.
In the U.P. of Michigan I really liked the Tiger Stripe for the Spruce and Balsam forest. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That seems to be one thing all camouflage patterns have in common. :grin:
I have found that on faded patterns, if you roll around in the dirt and foliage to extend their life a bit. It sounds silly, I know, but it has to be the dirt where you want to blend in. Like, you can’t use that red dirt they have in Virginia and then expect it to work in Illinois, where they have black soil.

3 Likes

Helps with your scent also, I will cut the end of a Spruce bough and rub it all over my hat, arms and legs. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

If you have a set of ACUs try this. Get a bottle of apple green dye from the local Hobby Lobby. 3 gal pot . cup of vinegar. place uniform in the dye stir it up every 15 mins at a medium boil for 1 hour. The color print of ACUs is not that great from the factory. But the new color after dying I am sure you will be pleased with. I got this from Brent0331

1 Like

Multicam seems to do a great job in a pretty wide variety of terrain and even M81 woodland depending on the time of year. Ranger Green is also continuing to gain in popularity and seems to blend pretty well into a lot of different terrain for a solid. T-Rex Arms had some pictures that showed what different camo patterns and solids look like under night vision as well if that is something you are interested in but I am having a hard time finding it now. If I come across it I will come back and link it here.

1 Like