Calling Kevin and Tom..... Can you break down this video for us?

2 Likes

Wow that’s some scary stuff. Imagine being shot up with Roman candles and being assaulted at the same time. This was an unprovoked attack and the persons behind this should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

1 Like

I thought roman candles were outlawed years ago.

2 Likes

LOL, so was felonious assault… hmmm…

3 Likes

When are we just going to call it the “purge” and get it over with?
I’m guessing retreating to my safe and coming back out with my AR to save my family and home from an invading family squad actively shooting projectiles at me is…?
So is this likely to cause death or serious bodily harm?

Or just retreat, shut garage door and wait for house to burn down?
When do we stand our ground and stop the threat?
If they entered the garage as I retreated, is that an armed home invasion?
There’s only so much a society can take!

3 Likes

Oh man, you got it all wrong. They started that fire so the fire department could practice. Those were nice boys and didn’t mean any harm!

4 Likes

I just watched that video. The kids were being punks shooting the fireworks at them. However, the physical altercation began when those that were shot at assaulted one of the kids. It devolved from there, as the children then used the fireaworks as self-defense tools in an attempt to protect themselves from physical harm. The others with the children then got involved to stop the assault on their children. The victims should never have attacked the child. They should have sought cover or gone into the house, not into the street and attacked the child.

I would not take kindly to an adult physically assaulting a child like that even if the child provoked the incident. It appeared to me that the men viewed the children as easy targets, which they were against adult men. Firing the fireworks at the men was wrong, but so, too, was physically assaulting the children. Bad situation all-around.

1 Like

Remember the guy that shot at kids for getting him wet with a super soaker water gun? Ppl need to learn self control!

2 Likes

I rewatched the video to see if I could see what you saw. I can’t tell who is who. You may be seeing something I am not and I’m using my phone to view this so I could be wrong.

The fact the the parents took the kids to this other family’s house and didn’t immediately correct their behavior when the kids attacked with Roman candles seems to indicate to me that the parents were complicit in the attack. The fact that none of the victims has been arrested is also noteworthy.

My initial reaction when seeing the video was to either shoot back, or take the closest attacker hostage and use them as a human shield. The injuries the victims sustained seems to make this a lethal force incident.

Fire can be a weapon. This seems to be an example of that.

1 Like

My point was only that the victims were responsible for the beathings they took after the fireworks attack because they assaulted young children. I am in no way stating that the firing of fireworks at them, nor anything else that occurred was justifiable. Only that if you choose, as an adult, to assault a young child, don’t be surprised if other adults nearby assault you in defense of the child. They may have sustained injuries from the initial barrage, but they got far worse due to their assault on the child. The adage choose your battles wisely works here.

Again, I am not defending the actions of anyone in this conflict. The main goal of self-defense is persnal safety/not be harmed. The best way to achieve that is to avoid needless conflict. They had the opportunity to retreat and find cover, instead they attacked. I know I would not have run into the street to assault the children.

1 Like

I understand where you’re coming from and agree to a point. However, kids need to be taught right from wrong and boundaries. If the parents are slack in doing their duty-job of teaching then who is? Their is a strict line between discipline and abuse. It doesn’t take a community only good parenting.

1 Like

I have no push back on your points and appreciate your clarification. I frankly can’t tell a whole lot from the video and didn’t spend a whole lot of time trying to figure it out. You took a deeper dive and I appreciate your perspective.

You make a strong argument for a tactical withdrawal/retreat and we do well to consider that point of view. Not going out into the street makes a whole lot of sense.

1 Like

There was a couple of fires in the small town I grew up in. Turned out it was one of the volunteer firemen who started them. Guess it gave the whole department some good practice. Wonder what percentage of firemen are pyros?

As to this incident, not sure how I would react. It looks like an unprovoked assault with a dangerous weapon that was also firing flammable projectiles onto and into their home. Hard to say from the video looking at it on my phone but looks like it may have been the 18 year old who started shooting? I might react differently to an 11 or 13 year old assaulting my family with a dangerous weapon than to an 18 year old.

I can’t imagine the kids starting this assault with their parents there unless they knew the parents would be OK with it. Given the fathers background he may have even egged them on to do it. Definite parenting fail regardless.

2 Likes

Oh yeah that’s its alright LOL :rofl:. :us:

1 Like