By The Numbers

So January 2020 of CCM page 130 the article A Promise to My Community the author challenges us to make a pledge to our community. As an Airborne Ranger I have taken the Oath of Enlistment many times and as far as I am concerned it is binding outside the military too and tells my pledge to my community. Laws change no matter where I am and I find out the current local laws where I find myself. My training, my mind, my reflexes are all top of the line as always. I was taught to respect every weapon and I do. As I stated before try and flee before you get into a gun fight which is a practice I employ. I would hope all my friends I served with still uphold the Oath we took to serve our great country.

4 Likes

@Matthew.Hamrick on June 20th 1985 at the ripe old age of 17 I took that Oath and wrote a blank check to the people of the United States of America for all debts up to and including my life. While I have looked for it I have yet to find a way to un take it and as far as I know there is no expiration date and you can’t divorce yourself from military service and that Oath. Keep the Faith!

Cheers,

Craig6

6 Likes

I took the Oath on November 10, 1971 at the age of 19. (After 1 year of college), and spent 10 years fulfilling my Oath. Like others here, I did not see a termination date. I am Very concerned about the turn this country has taken, and am prepared to feed thr Tree of Liberty with my blood, if it is required of me.

4 Likes

I took the oath on August 20, 1984 at the age of 24 (late bloomer).
Uncle Sam still has my blank check and I will still honor it.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your service!

While, a lot of us are not veterans or military, we can all make this pledge to our Communities from the article that @Matthew.Hamrick was talking about:

4 Likes

I took the oath of enlistment on Sept 11, 1985, I didn’t see an expiration date either. Only thing that ended was the contract, not the oath.

3 Likes

Army, Military Police. My Oath, taken August 17th, 1978, holds until the day I die. Maybe longer, if I can figure out how. :slight_smile:

3 Likes