But what if I didn’t fear for my life?

I didn’t accuse you of any of that. I’m good. :rofl:
I just went back to read what I wrote. I was only illustrating that although I was a “space cadet” in the eyes of my former civilian supervisor I was far from the woose he must have thought I was. I trained in martial arts and boxing with weapons up to that point. Sure, I’m smarter than the average bear but I’m also quite capable of holding my own intellectually and physically. I just have a habit of being over detailed about everything. That’s why I said you obviously don’t know me. It was a joke. Making fun of myself is what I do. It also prevents me from getting angry when people’s eyes gloss over as I explained in depth details about things they don’t understand. Dumb people really get on my nerves. It’s my biggest flaw.

2 Likes

More priests wanting to carry? Wow! It’s about time they grow a pair. Or p as tor jokingly (but probably serious) said he want to be behind one of our deacons it an attack occurred. Several of us, prior service) agree to cc even though the bishop’s official stand is banning firearms on diocese property.

1 Like

Kill Joy. My Son did that to some one at the gas pump for bothering with girl friend. He Flipped gasoline with the pump on him took out a zippo cigarette lighter and the person started screaming your nuts and he ran away. It’s a wonder he didn’t get arrested for it.

1 Like

That is so funny. Cool too.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Also a good reason to tie a knot at the end of the rope. I usually haven’t done that but now it is a common practice.

2 Likes

IMHO, if I were in fear of losing my life and being terribly injured, then and only then I will use deadly force, other than that I avoid getting into situations where I have to fear for my life. As a former LEO I have feared for my life in certain situations but I noticed that’s when I gathered my thoughts and my situational awareness improved. People handle fear in different ways and methods and not everyone deals with fear the same way. So IMHO if you don’t fear for your life that means you don’t have to take any evasive action or use deadly physical force.

I believe what several were saying was that they might not have an emotional response that is recognized as fear, but still have an understanding that the situation is one where great bodily harm or death is likely imminent. Their training, they believe, would help over-ride an emotion that might otherwise impair their ability to protect him/herself in that situation. For the vast number of us, training is as far as we will ever, thankfully, get tested on this theory.

Yes, Situational Awareness is a very good strategy to help avoid those bad situations. I believe several or more times that Situational Awareness protected me and my family or at least made me aware to a possible issue so as to be ready to take an action (avoid; de-escalate; defend, etc.).

2 Likes

Yes sir @Dave17 agree 100 percent. Some people just don’t recognize fear like others do and react differently.

2 Likes