Business related traveling..can membership be deductable

while traveling for business… what situations would a membership be deductible or at minimum a portion of it

IMG_1084

4 Likes

I don’t see that making it past an audit, even if your employer required you to be armed at all times.

3 Likes

Actually if your business requires you to be armed or be in places where the ability and skill of armed self defense is a good idea, this MIGHT be considered an operating expense. Check with your accountant. That’s the only counsel you should seek on this matter.

4 Likes

I can’t deduct my auto insurance when I use the Barbie Jeep for work…

3 Likes

Is that you taking the place of the girl doing her dance with the ribbon on a stick?

3 Likes

@Peter209 Welcome to the community!

1 Like

troll1

@Peter209 unreimbursed employee expenses are only as an Armed Forces reservist. This deduction was taken away effective 2018 as part of the 2017 tax cuts.

3 Likes

Some companies allow mileage reimbursement.

3 Likes

Except your state where they’re going to tax you per mile.
You seriously need to move! :face_holding_back_tears:

3 Likes

Ask your accountant/tax professional.

Expect an answer of “none”, if I were to guess…but I am not qualified to definitively answer that question.

2 Likes

1 Like

To clarify my answer, it has to be your business. As an example, guns store owner or another retail establishment prone to crime like a convenience store. Firearms instructor, or maybe you own properties and part of your duties is to go collect rent. Maybe own vending machines of other business where you have to collect cash.

Now if you work for someone else and have a salary and benefits it’s much more difficult. Again, consult an accountant.

1 Like

Yea I get “Mileage” but it’s all inclusive. Gas Wear & Tear, Insurance…

4 Likes

Not only is travel actual incurred expenses every time (like fuel, electricity, wear/tear from use, etc) but also a degree of auto insurance is legally required to operate a motor vehicle on public roads…there is no requirement that a person carrying a gun carry insurance in case they have to pay for an attorney as a result of defending themselves and being charged/sued