Burst hopes and dreams

@William220

What barrel is on that old Wingmaster? (post #11) Something like that might make me sell my 870 Express and let the Wingmaster take over for HD…

3 Likes

Fred, it is a Remington barrel stamped 12ga for 2 3/4" shells. Its been a long time but I believe they called it their “smooth bore rifle sights slug barrel”. It’s not stamped for choke but I would bet if I measured it it would be IC. You can sometimes find them on GunsAmerica.com or other sources. Hastings also made or still makes them. I can shoot 2 3/4 ‘sluggers’ with deer killing confidence out to 75 yrds (probably 100) and 00’s have patterned very well out to 60, never tested further than that. I’ve 2 other barrels, 28" mod and a 18 1/4" cyl.

looks like this might be one on ebay but description is not clear. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Remington-870-Wingmaster-12-gauge-20-barrel-with-sight/114158590304?hash=item1a9461d960:g:4uIAAOSw4tBeeqJm

4 Likes

If your nearest BX has a firearms counter I would start there. Although the BX counters are getting sold out, too, I would think that you can talk to them about setting one aside, provided they have the model you desire. Also, they would be the last to pass on any sort of price gauging.

1 Like