Burglary

Burglary rates have declined in the United States. Besides people having guns, what factors could also come into play? Harsher jail sentences?

1 Like

I would add to your greater abundance of gun owners…

1. More folk with home security systems, the explosion in that market, and options available for folk at nearly every price range…

2. Stuff like identity theft & credit scams could be more profitable with far less personal danger for the criminal…an abundance of electronic hustles

:v:t5:

2 Likes

Interesting

People have spent a lot more time at home in the last year. Maybe that has simply created a lot less opportunity for burglaries.

2 Likes

@Stephen116 Dude, are you fishing for an MBA thesis? If so just come out and say it, I’m sure there are folks here that could point you to more interesting firearms related topics than burglaries vs religion vs country vs gun control.

Cheers,

Craig6

4 Likes

I would say laziness.

2 Likes

Porch piracy. Less risk, more profit

5 Likes

Government “stay at home” orders. :joy::joy::joy:

But seriously, more people working from home.

2 Likes

When DAs have said they will not prosecute people for looting because they dont know, the people might have been hungry or needed the things they took, then it makes sense.

It’s like burglary never happened when you dont prosecute.

5 Likes

Fewer prosecutions reduce the stats.

Also, there are easier ways to steal, these days. Why risk a physical burglary when you can steal an identity from home?

5 Likes

Trump is a big factor. His leadership and policies brought jobs and income to people who previously had little or none. People without jobs or income are more likely to resort to burglary.

2 Likes

In my case and my neighborhood many folks have purchased puppies. My Puppy Rottweiler at 7 months is 92lbs. a force to recon with. I was robbed in 1989 and then purchased a Rottie. Bear was a beast. Best security in the world. Plus I have my firearms. I love all subjects with the USCCA, Great Co. And just awesome ownership. Blessings in this new year. It Will get better. Pray!

2 Likes