Bullet casing or bullet case?

Mike you are not stupid - Jerzy seems to feel that if others believe as he/she does that that makes his/her belief valid; same as men can give birth. Words have meanings. I have asked, what training classes has one learned that cases are casings? No response to that as it is not a proper term - my point entirely.

That is your belief, not mine. I am only here to correct improper usage of term - just like the discussion of incorrectly using the term “clip” instead of magazine. One can learn from one’s mistakes or compound one’s ignorance. It is solely up to you.

As a pollack (not the fish), not surprising - Poles like sausage… :slight_smile: The various types of Kielbasa are quite good. They do not make good pistol cartridges, but one needs to use what one has available… :sunglasses:

Brass works when it is brass, but sometimes it is steel or aluminum

However, given the proper context, one could say brass, and be fully understood

3 Likes

I have no issue with that for that reason, just like saying most shotguns are smooth-bore, as only very few are rifled barrels - something I only just learned due to a post by @Craig_AR, a well-respected, knowledgeable contributor.

1 Like

@Dave17 , you should respect people at this Community.
I don’t care if you respect me, because you don’t, but at least don’t do this to others.
Please also don’t blame others for your words and thoughts.

You asked about my training… I answered. I’m sorry that you missed a lot from this thread focusing only on clearing yourself from not accepting what most Members wrote.

7 hrs ago I made promise and I hoped it would somehow satisfy you … but you probably missed it because you were focused on sausage casing so much.

And please stop trying to be funny, whenever you think and write about Poland and Poles… your low level jokes already hurt and there’s nothing you can do to repair it. Poles are unforgiving people. Remember this. :point_up_2:

2 Likes

Sometimes you just can’t bring everyone around to see things from your point of view.
Look at the thread I started about calling firearms weapons for example…
Give it your best and go on.
Kindest Regards

2 Likes

guys–

2 Likes

:person_shrugging:
I’m know @Nathan57
But it’s like talking to 10 years kid … and I like all things to be explained.

Right now I’m guessing once one of moderators wakes up at the morning, the first thing he will do is close this thread.
At least I got my answers.
I’m also glad you corrected me with “bullet cas…” and made it clear. :+1:

We’ve gone through dissing brass, cases, casings, and shells
fer cryin’ out loud when is somebody gonna object to hulls?

2 Likes

:astonished:
I’ve never gotten any interest in shotguns… so, what’s the difference between shell and hull… if any?

2 Likes

A “Hull” is an empty, fired shotgun shell. The term come’s from Skeet and Trap shooters and high volume Reloader’s. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Well Nathan,to me all fired rounds are brass,to me where steel or aluminum all my life they are Brass and I beleive most recognize what I am referring too

3 Likes

No, you are not a child, you act like a woman the way you hold a grudge. You are so amazingly butt-hurt on an Internet forum, I would hate to see what you are like in real-life.

When testifying in a court of law as a firearms examiner I referred to it as a casing. But even if you referred to it as a case most people knew what you meant and if they didn’t you can always explain it.

2 Likes

When we shot at the NYPD range when we went to qualify the range officers always said to police up your brass at the completion of the shooting cycle.

4 Likes

So basically it really doesn’t matter…
Thanks guys for explanations.
At least I’m convinced I didn’t make “faux pas” using casing in my posts.
:+1:
But… Lesson learned: cartridge casing. :point_up_2:

2 Likes

And of course one more lesson learned:
Don’t spend too much time discussing anything with mind-blinded person.

Now, I’m ready to have this thread to be closed. :expressionless:

4 Likes

Yes, you are a closed-minded fool.

You did not answer my question. In which traininig class did you learn that a case is a casing?

Both citations I provided, the NRA and the USCCA, neither stated that a case is a casing.

:horse:

1 Like

I pray at this moment for any of @moderators to give us mercy and close this thread. :pray:

And the final note:

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don’t give up though the pace seems slow
You may succeed with another blow

2 Likes