BREAKING: Biden Admin Launches Federal Investigation Into Southern Baptist...

Sounds like a fishing expedition to me.

3 Likes

I won’t say there are no boundaries, I will say the boundaries have moved way way way out there.

3 Likes

Some churches are not doing what their suppose to do however I need more info than this

2 Likes

Hmmm looks like some church folks could be abusing children & women. Have to wait & see…

Given this regime’s report card with regard to persecution of political opposition, I think their motives are highly suspect. THIS is what the feds choose to focus on? REALLY?

3 Likes

It is a declaration of war against Christians. There have been threats to strip the tax exemption from churches that refuse to recognize or perform gay marriages.

1 Like

Yes, there has been an ongoing story of child abuse. The Southern Baptist denomination is a little different than some others, in that they have a “convention” of churches, but not a strong central authority that controls the churches. They’re more independent, so what happens at one church might not be a reflection of another church in the next town. Or in this case, a church worker accused of misdeeds might flee to another state and there’s a minimal warning for the next church.

I’m not a member of this denomination and I don’t know a whole lot about the allegations. There might be a valid reason for a federal investigation, especially if we have those cases of child abusers crossing state lines.

2 Likes