Brazil mass killing of children

As a student of history I think it would be wise for the elite to start reading up on the French Revolution as there seem to be a lot of similarities between then and now.

Marie Antoinette probably never said ‘let them eat cake” but the elites back then were just as out of touch with the plight of the masses and just as unwilling to find sustainable solutions then as they are today.

3 Likes

Agreed. With the possible exception that our modern, leftist “elites” are playing their masses of useful idiots like a bass fiddle. History repeating itself yet again.

Just think about how Lenin and Mao would have loved social media. That is another wrinkle in a very old game.

6 Likes

And it works! How many times do we hear “…saw in on the net…”? That, for some reason gives it some legitimacy in some/most peoples minds.

5 Likes

Agree. It is the instant gratification and the ability to see oneself on a video that drives the mentally unstable to perform these horrendous acts. Furthermore, the Left have taken to social media to preach unrest and violence toward any that would disagree with them. This is why the Left wants to undo the 2nd Amendment. It is the one thing that stands in the way of total domination and control. “Ban AR-15s and build the Gulags,” is the Joe Biden way.

6 Likes

There are more than enough laws concerning firearms. The problem is: They are not properly enforced, and there is little in the way of punishment to deter the perps.
Just like raising kids, you adjust the punishment / reward until you get the result you want. Violent crimes should have violent punishment. Staying in a “resort” environment for 10 years, and then getting stuck with a needle is not a deterrent. I promise you, if the number of executions for the charge of murder were as numerous as the murders,you would see a huge decrease in the murder rate. A “convicted” murderer should maybe get one appeal within no more than 30 days of the conviction. If the conviction is not overturned, he should be executed the same day as the close of the appeal.
These are tough “animals”, and they deserve tough punishment. There should also be a “third strike you’re out” for habitual criminals, regardless of the severity of the crime. “WAKE UP AMERICA”

6 Likes

That would be far different.

1 Like

Because we have ethics, morals and laws. Even animals have ethics and morals, it’s just that their “code” does not always mesh with ours; just as “Western” values do not always mesh with other cultures around the world. Whose code of standards and laws are “right”? Is it only Christian? What if the Hindi have it right, or Muslims, for example. Maybe the Chinese have it right, as their culture was established far before Christianity and Islam. It took at least several thousand years for humans to develop our “Christian” ethic and moral standards. Many still “sin”, even those that are the arbitors of what our values are “supposed” to be.

Even with the decline of ethics and morals, if that is true, murder is still uncommon, less so today; crime in general is still at historic lows. The Bible claims divine intervention has occurred in the past to “right wrongs”. Where has that God been for the past 2,000 years? I do know that those that claim God has spoken to them are ridiculed and thought of as crazy. The self-proclaimed current era prophets have all been crazy, or deemed so, such as David Koresh. Is that what is wrong with today’s Christians, not believing their prophets?

4 Likes

Amen Brother @Dave17

1 Like

36 No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 [As it was] 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark.…

3 Likes

I work for a security company. Sadly people do not care about security until it happens to them.

6 Likes

Happy Anniversary @I_am_Harry

5 Likes

Thanks @Karacal

3 Likes

That’s not always true. I care, I care a great deal. But I could not have afforded the security, that I now currently possess, when I was younger. But I was possessed of a certain… arrogance/belief in my physical skills that mitigated that perceived need. Now… I can afford the security, but I no longer have that physicality to mitigate risk.

4 Likes

I’ve heard that too, just over the thousands of interactions I’ve had the most common is that priority is not given to security because of perception. Bad things can happen anywhere but are more common in urban parts of cities because the amount of people raises chances of bad things happening or rural areas because they are far from help. Good thing companies like Ring exist to make security more affordable for everyone. i.e. a simple but not whole security solution is a video doorbell for about $39 refurbished and $4 a month to record to the cloud.

4 Likes

The now, communist government of Brazil, just called for the registration of all gun owners, starting immediately, also “Mr. da Silva will pass a presidential decree forcing owners to sell firearms to the state that exceed the new three-per-person rule, or face arrest, Brazil’s justice minister, Flávio Dino, told The Wall Street Journal.” It will also be tried here, Although, I know most of us will become felons, rather than comply with the tyrannical attack on the Constitution by the communist hoard.

As murder rates fall, Brazil’s president cracks down on legal gun owners – Bearing Arms

6 Likes

No red flag laws required in the USA.

Besides, he stabbed, didn’t use a gun. Do “red flag” laws now require taking away every thing that could be used as a weapon?

5 Likes

There it is. The usual MO of a “communist” government about to become a dictatorship. Remove all the guns. They all do it.

How do knife and hatchet attacks lead to gun banning, anyway?

6 Likes

It’s actually 12 years. I know, because it’s been “12 years” since the 1990s. :laughing:

I recently saw another headline about the irreversible damage do our climate. Before I clicked on the article, I pointed to it and told a friend “Watch, it’ll be 12 years.” Bingo, the “news” article prophesied our doom in 2035. Remarkable, isn’t it? I wonder why they like that number so much?

5 Likes

I was being sarcastic

3 Likes

That’s tough, I would not want to be literally disarmed… :sunglasses:

2 Likes