Boy Scout Shooting Sports

@Craig6 I am sure you are right that I’ve shocked a lot of people here. I totally agree with you. It shouldn’t matter who the person is. If they show up they all should be treated the same.

Thank you and I do intend to encourage him in shooting sports and anything else he wants to do.

2 Likes

My problem is that the girl scouts is still an only girls organization and no one is forcing them to allow trans/cys gender persons in them. ONLY the Boy Scouts were forced to do so. When I say what’s good for the goose is good for the gander people call me a hater and massaganist. They say that the Boy Scouts taught boys to be the same.
Does this sound massaganistic or hateful in any way?
On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
To obey the scout law
To help other people at all times
To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.

A scout is
Trustworthy
Loyal
Helpful
Friendly
Courteous
Kind
Obedient
Cheerful
Thrifty
Brave
Clean
and Reverent

Words I still live by today. So I expect the same from others. I don’t get it because I think there should be places just for boys just like there are places just for girls, and I am told that I am a bad person for believing that. However it seems that only the places for boys are under attack as bad. I have no I’ll will for anyone as long as the “social justice” is spread evenly.

I myself had questioned my own gender identity for years at a young age and made up my own mind that I’m content as I am.

My own daughter felt she was more a boy than a girl from age 5 to 14. Then puberty hit and suddenly it went from all black everything,jeans, t-shirts , au natural do nothing to her hair, to bright colors, dresses, skirts makeup and dates with boys. My wife and I did nothing to either discourage the former or encourage the latter. It was all her choice. However if the same would happen now 10 years later doctors and psychiatrists would have encouraged the former and stopped her natural progression through puberty with hormonal therapy. She recently told me “Dad thank you for not doing what parents are doing today I would’ve regretted it”

So now you know more about me and my background. If girls/trans/cys are allowed in what used to be the Boy Scouts the EXACT same thing should be done to the Girl Scouts. THAT’S social justice.

1 Like

This post was never meant to go in this direction. I apologize for this. It was meant as a proud mother to boast a bit on her son.

@Christopher1 I never once said that the Girl Scouts should not allow boys to join. Is what’s good for the goose also good for the gander? Sure, I totally agree. The Girl Scouts do consider themselves as inclusive (to a degree). In regards to their stance on transgender memberships taken directly from the FAQ page on girlscouts.org: “Girl Scouts is proud to be the premiere leadership organization for girls in the country. Placement of transgender youth is handled on a case-by-case basis, with the welfare and best interests of the child and the members of the troop/group in question a top priority. That said, if the child is recognized by the family and school/community as a girl and lives culturally as a girl, then Girl Scouts is an organization that can serve her in a setting that is both emotionally and physically safe.”

As far as an organization being forced I cannot say for 100% that is what happened. You have to remember what the general society sees is what someone wants them to. Most of everything that has been seen on the BSA allowing all youth join is what the media wants you to know. Unless you are someone who was on the board that made the decision you wouldn’t know the actual reason. You quoted the scout oath and law. Is this something that you would not want your daughter to live by as well just because she is a woman? The BSA has struggled for years with a declining membership where as the Girl Scouts haven’t so much. Part of the choice to make the change could really have to do with survival of the organization.

Most (I say most because someone will say that they didn’t) children explore their gender identity whether they know it or not. Most of the time it matches their assigned sex at birth. Sometimes it doesn’t. I knew at the age of 5 that I was a girl. Even while going through and past puberty I knew this. I’ve fought my whole life to be me because family and society would not accept who I was.

A child in this country cannot start HRT (hormone replacement therapy) prior to the age of 18 when they can make the decision for themselves legally.

I agree if a girl can join Boy Scouts then a boy should be able to join Girl Scouts. However, the majority of the Male adult society will not allow this. Because being seen as feminine is considered weak by them. As far as social justice goes it’s not fair. One side will always have to concede. If the world was socially just it wouldn’t matter that I am trans. I wouldn’t have to worry about if I (as much as I hate the term) pass as a woman. Passing as a trans individual can mean the difference of living or being killed because of who you are. Every day I walk out my door I fear that it will be my last. All because someone out there hates and cannot accept me for who I am. This is why I carry. I cannot live my life in fear because if I did what kind of example would I be setting for my children?

2 Likes