Boy dies in accidental shooting at St. Pete apartment,

Starting to think some people should be given an intelligence test before acquiring a firearm.

5 Likes

Better yet, before being allowed to have childrenā€¦

9 Likes

Dave17, I like your answer better. Good one.

3 Likes

OK, I donā€™t leave firearms, loaded or not, laying around my place. For Me, when Will, 3 yrs old, comes over to my house, even unannounced Iā€™m comfortable that he wonā€™t get his hands on one BUT, not comfortable enough to not check my safe and my range bag as soon as they walk in. Itā€™s important enough to me to make 100% sure that he wonā€™t/canā€™t get ahold of a firearm that I check even when I know there arenā€™t any firearms located where he can get them, But thatā€™s just me.

8 Likes

What a beautiful boy and life.

Iā€™m fortunate to have been a student in three different CCW state license required classes. Although I enjoyed the classes and learned a lot, I later realized that there was so much more which could have been covered, especially on ā€œhandling, and storageā€.

Thereā€™s education and training, but then thereā€™s safety training and quality of training. If we could add our combined life experiences into training ā€” owners, parents, and guardians could save a life.

Until, it happens to you, oneā€™s own opinion is unchanged.

1 Like

All of our individual experience and training has already kept our families and those we trained safe. We do not need it to happen to us to believe in safety and training, we are already doing that. Itā€™s good that you have learned things in your training - exactly what is expected; some get more from a class than others. When you are new, there is a lot to learn - as you have acknowledged.

2 Likes