Born to Protect: Is this you?

I think I am born to protect.I am an army veteran and was tough how to shoot when I was 12 years old and I am ready to defend this country even at 80 years old.

4 Likes

Thank you for your service @Robert_G!

1 Like

My wife,first and foremost. Extended family, friends, and Church family. Willing to help anyone if the need arises.

3 Likes

Thank you for your contribution to our freedom!

1 Like

As a former School Bus Driver, I protect all under my care, supervision, or in need.

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone is born to protect. I’ve seen too much spouse and child abuse to even believe that anyone is born to protect their family. Parents routinely spend their money on drugs, alcohol, and cigarettes rather than providing good food for their children. That ends my cynical comment.
We choose to protect our families and others. It is an act of will that we must exercise every day. We put time, energy, and effort into learning to become the best parents and the best protectors that we can. We sacrifice our own desires to take care of others.
God bless those folks.

3 Likes

@Mikentexas… somehow truth… but I do not agree with everything.
Everyone is born to protect… first you protect yourself, then you protect someone who you love (or you thing you love), eventually you protect your children. This is the nature. Every animal gets this, and mankind as well.

These parents you’ve described are the product of civilization, they were just broken somehow during the process of growing up.

For sure we have to put time, energy, and effort into learning to become the best parents and the best protectors that we can -> these are your words, and I respect these words :handshake:

2 Likes

I went through alot of abuse as a child, and I know, deep down to my bones that I was born to be a protector. Somewhere, on the order of 35% of children are abused, and of those 65% grow up to become abusers themselves.

When my wife and I had our daughter. I told her and myself this ends with me. My daughter will never know my side of my family and the abuse STOPS with me.

My daughter is flat out amazing. She is the best human being I know. If I died tomorrow, I could go easy knowing that I had raised my daughter right, that my life had been well spent, and that all of the abuse had STOPPED with me. That my wife and I had done everything we could do to make the world a better place in how we raised our daughter.

6 Likes

Pretty much anyone who is under threat of violence or endangered.

2 Likes

I’ve taken three oaths in my life: in the waters of baptism to God; in a group swearing to defend this country against all enemies; next to my soon to be wife in marriage. They are all still binding and have an inherent promise to protect.

4 Likes

Yes 28 years in EMS never failed to answer the call never will.

3 Likes

Your right on that one and I have met some who would let anyone die if it was risky in the least.

2 Likes

In a word “Everyone” I’ve been a protector since the 6th grade. I believe many of us are wired to be protectors and others have to choose to protect. Some of it is rooted in the influences we’ve had in life or stimuli if you will. I hate injustice and when I witness it it burns in my soul. Many of my youthful altercations were because I stepped in when someone else was being mistreated. I could write a book on this topic in my life but I’ll refrain.:wink: To protect is in my DNA and I relate to John Lovell of The Warrior Poet Society. I would gladly place my life on the line for anyone not able to protect themselves. I trust in God, and pray that in the event I must lay it on the line that my spirit will prevail.

2 Likes